5 year warranty or no?

new dn mama

hey everyone,whats the general concensus on extended warranties,i,m coming up to my time limit of 1 year in june so i have to decide wether to fork out the 400 for additional 5 year honda warranty.i,m not very mechanical and shop bills can run pretty hi,especially if it,s somethin electrical,my dad says honda is such a fine machine with scheduled maintenance ,i shouldn,t worry...had to replace the battery so far,the dealer was good about it ...feedback?

usmcrider

I was thinking the same thing. The only difference is I am mechanical. And I thought it was more then 400 for the 5 year. I have until Aug. to decide.

So far I am leaning to getting the extended warranty. My reason is the transmission. Though I can fix lots of things. That is one I just dont now about.

I am looking forward to other opinions.

USMCrider

JG122

is the factory warranty 1 year, or 3 years...?

(NSA700 wasn't listed in the booklet I got with the documentation)

and does the clock start when the dealer bought it, or when I title it ?

new dn mama

i was wrong about 400 for 4 year extended warranty and roadside,my dealer in wa. wanted 760.00 plus 8.2%sales tax makin it 840.00,so i did some research,got it out of oregon for 487.00[no tax] thats 4 years with roadside in us,canada,mexico,so like 120.00 ayear,figure worth the peace of mind,especially with the miles i,m rackin,up 7350 and just had it,s one year b,day june 9[had it up to 92mph on straight stretch other day just purred along like a well oiled sewing machine]i,m happy,now lookin at getting the 8000 mi.service in oregon as well,be anice roadtrip and maybe save some $ to pay for warranty.happy trails everbody!

JG122

interesting...

my dealer said all I could get as far as a "direct from Honda" warranty (to pick up where the original one left off) was one for 2 years / unlimited mileage, no deductible.

cost me $475 + tax

nyparrothead

Hi All,

The extended warranty is a no brainer. This bike is cutting edge tech and the cost of the hand care warranty is well worth it. DO NOT buy a non honda extended warranty, THEY ARE WORTHLESS!!!!

If you are going to buy you must do so while user the factory warranty. you can save quite a bit on the Honda Care by buying from cycle giant. I have bought my GL1800 and DN01 coverage from them and they are MUCH lower than buying from a dealer. Also, if you catch them during one of their holiday sales,( memorial day, 4th July, etc) you save an extra 10 %

Mark