600 mile service

zebra03

When I bought my bike and it had 560 miles on it , I asked if it had its 600 mile service and they said yes . Now I am not so sure . I checked the 2 oil filters and there is no residue what so ever around them . Would the dealership have records on my bike and would they show them to me ? I am going tomorrow . Any other tell-tale signs ?

bhamrider

I'll hit the 600 mile mark this weekend. Does anyone know if doing the work myself will effect the warranty? The nearest Honda dealership is a 20 mile bad ride away and not that good. I have a service manual.

nyparrothead

No, you can do the work yourself if you are competent to do the work... I would save the receipts for your parts as proof that you bought the items

The down side is that in the 600 mi service they have a checklist that they follow and it includes checking the torque on many fasteners , etc..

Mark

bhamrider

Well I did the oil and filter changes. The engine oil drain and filter change was no problem. The transmission filter was an adventure. If I did not have the service manual I would not have found it. You have to remove several parts to get to it. Oh well, next time will be a lot easier.