Are Trikes Easier or Safer To Ride?

Faccons

Hi

I was browsing some forums today researching bikes and found out in my state (California) ANYONE with a "Class C" (passenger car) drivers license can operate a street legal three wheeler. Whether it be big, small, a scooter, or a custom job, if it looks like a motorcycle, is made from a motorcycle, but has three wheels, anyone is good to go to ride legally, anytime. The vehicle is registered as a motorcycle and insured as one and all laws apply as one, but legally it can be operated on road as a car. So that is pretty cool.

I understand this is NOT the same as riding a motorcycle. Its less involving, but if a person simply wants the wind in their hair, the feeling of speed, and the sense of freedom a truly open air riding experience affords you, are they fun,and do you feel more safe and stable on a trike then a motorcycle?

Also, what do some of you think of companies such as Ice Bear and Roketa which sell inexpensive "kit" trikes and scooter trikes? Reviews are good, and they are very inexpensive.

Thanks for any replies

nyparrothead

I have gone from my gl1800 to a boss hoss trike and like any trike, if you are not attentive to your riding ( more so than on a bike) you will get your self in bad trouble. You have to be careful of you speed in your turns can't forget to push/pull and not lean...

Mark

zebra03

I have gone from my gl1800 to a boss hoss trike and like any trike, if you are not attentive to your riding ( more so than on a bike) you will get your self in bad trouble. You have to be careful of you speed in your turns can't forget to push/pull and not lean...

Mark
Boss Hoss Trike ? I bet it's a beast .