Buying 2009 DN-01 - any thoughts on this one?

Kitko

Hello,

There's a chance to buy a used DN-01 in full travel trim with 29 thousand kilometers (think 20K miles) on the clock.

2009 DN-01

Apparently, there was only one previous owner. The bike was dressed up for the photo session, for sure, but any thoughts on what to look for in particular?

I'm torn between that DN-01 and a newer, but more expensive, CTX700 DCT.

Last edited:

bhamrider

Very good looking bike! I have had mine for 7 years. Very dependable with only minor issues. I love mine and will keep it for a long time. Go for it.

spamer80

If you don't plan to use dn like I used, be sure, it's good enough.
Ctx - less plastic, probably cheaper to crash, faster and easier to service some parts like to adjust valve clearance. But its only my assumption, based on ctx look. Anyway, check and compare service cost. For example dn-01 brake discs are pri$$$ey. And if you ever install brembo pads they will eat them in a blink of an eye.
Don't know for ctx again.
Dn is great motorcycle, but it's plastic is real pain in the ass. But still, if I need to choose, I still vote for dn.
Upd. Ctx is a chain bike. Dn has shaft. Chain sucks like hell.

Last edited:

Kitko

If you don't plan to use dn like I used, be sure, it's good enough.
Ctx - less plastic, probably cheaper to crash, faster and easier to service some parts like to adjust valve clearance. But its only my assumption, based on ctx look. Anyway, check and compare service cost. For example dn-01 brake discs are pri$$$ey. And if you ever install brembo pads they will eat them in a blink of an eye.
Don't know for ctx again.
Dn is great motorcycle, but it's plastic is real pain in the ass. But still, if I need to choose, I still vote for dn.
Upd. Ctx is a chain bike. Dn has shaft. Chain sucks like hell.
Yeah, service and parts costs are off-putting, especially in Europe. Mechanically, CTX is identical to NC700 and consumables are more/less generic.

So DN-01 is cheaper to get, and I'd be getting a lot of bike for my money, on top guaranteed exclusivity :), but CTX is cheaper to run. But CTX is also a... more rational choice :)