Can't get it in DMode

businteach

Just bought the bike. Like brand new, only 1300 miles. Drained all the oil and gas becuase it sat for a year. It starts but will not properly idle. It stops and now cannot get it to into the D mode to drive the thing. Is there a specific way to get this thing to work. Is there a way to adjust the idle. We are about to give up on this thing.:confused:

DammmDel

idle

it may not help but there was a fault with the plug caps and once changed the bike idled ok.
as for the drive button it happened to me once and i found it was because i was hitting the button to quick, once i slowed it to a 3 second hold it seemed to work ok. hope it works as these bikes are awesome machines :)

3spd6

mine does the same thing. u hafta hold the dee button for a second or two. same when switching back to neutral. if that doesn't solve the problem u may hafta squirt some contact cleaner into the switch(but not too much).

3spd6

and the idle may take some fuel injection cleaner(especially as it sat for a year with gas in it).

DNSarnia

As you are new to the bike, you might not be aware.... if the Kick-stand is in the down position - you can NOT put the bike in Drive. 'D' mode. Just checking the obvious first!.

Order of operating... and checks...
Emergency Stop - in 'run position'.
Key in Ignition Turn to 'Start or Run' position. - watch the dash-board display as it runs through it's checks.
Push Starter button - let idle a few seconds (20-30?)

While seated on the bike! ... lift the kickstand
Push (and hold for a count of 2-3 seconds) the switch to 'D' position from Neutral 'N'

Drive off and enjoy.

Good Luck.

Last edited:

Gallo

Just bought the bike. Like brand new, only 1300 miles. Drained all the oil and gas becuase it sat for a year. It starts but will not properly idle. It stops and now cannot get it to into the D mode to drive the thing. Is there a specific way to get this thing to work. Is there a way to adjust the idle. We are about to give up on this thing.:confused:
Had same thing, D is on and not possible to switch to Neutral.
All this after oil change!!!

So my conclusion...solenoids did not had enough power to switch back to normal mode
1st oil change!
2nd weak battery.

Now when solenoids checked and battery is charging, all is working as it should!