chopper / bobber, automatic transmission

JG122

1983 Suzuki GS 450A

this is a 2-owner, fully documented, custom built low-rider. included in the sale are the factory service manual, owner's manual, sales brochure, and all rec'ts.

the motorcycle is completely street legal, highway driven, with a clean NJ title.

it started life as a Suzukimatic, which (in my humble opinion) was far superior to the Hondamatics of that day, since the 'zooks had maintenance-free shaft drive, and a DOHC motor (which was not part of the frame, the Honda's SOHC engine was a structural member). the automatic transmission is still fully functional -- that aspect of the bike was not changed.

over the course of 3 years, it was turned into a magazine-featured ride :

new fork tubes (6" over stock length) from Franks (who else ?)...

1-1/8 inch tubing for the frame stretch & rake, longer cables where required...

custom seat, 23.5 inch ride height...

forward controls (for rear brake, and heel/toe shifter for the transmission), handlebar brake controls still functional if you prefer that way...

carbs soaked & cleaned, new pod-style air cleaners...

new Hagon rear shocks...

new Kenda matching tires (front & rear) with new Metzler tubes & rim strips...

bobbed the original front & rear fenders...

relocated trans cooler, battery, and electronics...

dual fishtail muffs (the bike is loud though not raspy, sounds much like an old Harley)...

chrome handlebar grips...

clubman handlebars...

limp-dick tail light, bullet rear turn-signals...

new maintenance-free AGM battery...

fuel tank cleaned & rust-proofed...

gauge cluster completely refurbished (14,xxx miles)...

I've probably forgotten many more details, e-mail me for additional info/pics.

this is a very reluctant sale, I have $6200 invested into this one-of-a-kind bike... anyone seriously looking for an automatic motorcycle (other than a DN-01), consider that --

-- a used Honda Elite scooter or Yamaha Zuma scooter can fetch $2000
-- a used CFMoto or Kymco can fetch $2900 (reminder: these are Chinese bikes, and if they're anything like Chinese toys...)
-- a used Honda Reflex scooter or Suzuki Burgman scooter go for $4700 & up
-- a used Aprilia Mana = $8000+
-- a used Ridley can fetch a minimum of $8000 (when it needs service, good luck finding a competent dealership)

...and none of these will get you the attention this moto will :D

to be sure, it's not for everyone, but it's a pisser to ride. to find the starting point (bike) of this project, then parts, then labor... you couldn't build it for less than my asking price of $5500

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGrCw3hmgOQ[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzT85vWVNP8&NR=1[/ame]