Corn (starting with P) you never seen before.

spamer80

Well, 100.000 and I think it`s about time to check what`s going on pretty deep inside. Here it is. Actually, my engine was fine, it was the time to check valve clearance, but I decided to go deeper. Why not? Sunny weather, fine beer and plenty of time. I`ve ordered from Partzilla about 80 items (cam chain, tenioners, guide, gaskets, rubbers, ring and piston sets, valve stem, tappet screws, collars, bolts, screws etc.) to make engine new again and to have the reserve for future. And never open it for another 100.000. I will also make a pictures of the old parts removed to show for the first time for all, how DN-01 engine may look after 100.000km :)

Attachments

Last edited:

Gizmo

Site Suporter
Well, 100.000 and I think it`s about time to check what`s going on pretty deep inside. Here it is. Actually, my engine was fine, it was the time to check valve clearance, but I decided to go deeper. Why not? Sunny weather, fine beer and pretty of time. I`ve ordered from Partzilla about 80 items (cam chain, tenioners, guide, gaskets, rubbers, ring and piston sets, valve stem, tappet screws, collars, bolts, screws etc.) to make engine new again and to have the reserve for future. And never open it for another 100.000. I will also make a pictures of the old parts removed to show for the first time for all, how DN-01 engine may look after 100.000km :)

You DEFINITELY went to town on that! Thanks for the insight.

spamer80

About $600. I`s not actually all parts and parts pictured about only 1/3 for engine itself. I already have spare new muffler, front fenter, givi rack and many other parts. Even gold emblems :) The Partzilla guys told me they don`t have 12251-MEH-003 GASKET, CYL HD available even from Honda US importer so that part was ordered directly from Japan. But I never did cosmetics for my bike so it`s outside plastic parts looks like some ratbike. And yes, I do love my bike and my goal is 1 000 000. Becaue this bike can survive this as everyday ride, I think it`ss possible.

Last edited:

spamer80

Cam chain tensioner and cam chain guide wornout. Unfortunately, I don`t remember, which one from the front cylinder and which one from rear. I should write marks on replaced parts in future.
As you can see, the one tensioner is much more worn out than another.

Attachments

Last edited: