DN-01 is Back

I wonder if this is true, looks like it hasn't changed at all.
I would love to find the clear front blinkers, they look much better than the orange ones.

spamer80

Wow. Let`s wait for it. Maybe we`ll see new accessories. But it`s still looks like a strange decision. They have more futuristic NM-4 and for those who look for shaft drive etc - CTX1300.

Last edited:

DNSarnia

Wouldn't it be nice to get a custom fit Stereo and/or GPS - The Honda version of the Garmin 550 was quite steeply priced, and then I didn't like the mounting hardware that you had to order separately. (and quite expensive).

I would also like to get some better saddlebags than the Givi that hang off the sides like the bulbous eyes of a goldfish. Something stylish, but that continue or accentuate the lines of the DN-01.

Last edited:

DNSarnia

I talked with my friend who works for a Honda Dealer. To his knowledge there is no plans now or ever for a renewal for the DN-01. I directed him to the video, and he followed it up with those he knows. He claims the video is a hoax.

(I tend to agree, as in the video there is no updating of the model compared to the one I have in the driveway).

RIDER-59

Could be an early April Fool's Day joke (April 1st). [The one from BMW Motorad yesterday was pure genius].

Could also be he was possibly referring to the new NC750XD. The new (manual) NC750X is relatively new in Australia. It's classified as an Adventure/Tourer. The DCT version of this bike is the NC750XD and is already available in some parts of the world, South Africa for instance.
Not sure if the DCT is from the Integra 750cc, but I really hope not! These have been plagued with problems apparently. If however, Honda has used the HFT concept used in the DN-01, that would certainly arouse huge interest from me.
When I contacted Honda MPE Australia, they actually called me rather than email a reply - highly unusual normally. They said they knew of the new NC750XD, but that Dealers were more likely to hear about it first than them. That's typical of Honda here

spamer80

Could be an early April Fool's Day joke (April 1st). [The one from BMW Motorad yesterday was pure genius].

Could also be he was possibly referring to the new NC750XD. The new (manual) NC750X is relatively new in Australia. It's classified as an Adventure/Tourer. The DCT version of this bike is the NC750XD and is already available in some parts of the world, South Africa for instance.
Not sure if the DCT is from the Integra 750cc, but I really hope not! These have been plagued with problems apparently. If however, Honda has used the HFT concept used in the DN-01, that would certainly arouse huge interest from me.
When I contacted Honda MPE Australia, they actually called me rather than email a reply - highly unusual normally. They said they knew of the new NC750XD, but that Dealers were more likely to hear about it first than them. That's typical of Honda here
They`re all the same. All new hondas with DCT option has parallel engines, chain drive etc. Only size differs. The only difference is CTX1300 as far as I can remember.