Dual lights

Decade

Thanks folks.

Which exactly the Kisan Modulator to use? I tried to search their website but couldn't find the application for DN-01.

Sorry I'm new to Honda, and please help me with details?

How difficult to use th modulator? Is that just simply a plug in? Any write up or instruction?

Thanks a lot.

nyparrothead

I don't remember the part number but if you contact Kisan they will tell you...

As for the installation I would call it moderately difficult. You have to strip down the Tupperware from the bike and the enclosures for the bulbs have to be modified as there is not enough room so you have to make two holds of about an inch and a quarter. You have to then seal that area up after the modulator is installed and then put it back together

If you get a service manual and take your time it is not that bad...

Mark

Decade

With the Kisan Modulator, would it make the headlight flash only? Will it able to make both side lights stablely on?

On Kisan's website, it has "pathBlazer", which has featured to flash. Is that the one you guys has talked about? Thanks.

Stove Pipe

From my other post----KISAN

Thanks folks.

Which exactly the Kisan Modulator to use? I tried to search their website but couldn't find the application for DN-01.

Sorry I'm new to Honda, and please help me with details?

How difficult to use th modulator? Is that just simply a plug in? Any write up or instruction?

Thanks a lot.
Installed the Kisan DHL Modulator Kit (flashes both headlights) onto the wife's new Dino. It was a little bit of a job and would be much harder if you have never had the forward plastic removed. I had to remove the seats then both side (tank) panels, then the foward nose cap (just as you were replacing the windshield). Once that's off you are looking at the headlight assemblies (three bolts each) I went ahead and removed them and placed them on the workbench, so I could install the modulator adapter plates and wires much easier. I had to drill one 1/4" hole in the lower side of each to run the wiring, and also you have to cut about a 50 cent size circle out of the back of the removable cover (the one that you remove to replace a light bulb) to allow for the increased depth of the adapter. Then I re-covered the cutout area with some thick duct type tape. NOTICE!!! If you do this intallation be sure to note the little beveled corner on the adapter plate that plugs between the socket and the bulb. IT MUST BE ON THE SIDE OF THE POSITIVE (+) TERMINAL OF THE SOCKET!! A reversal or placing it on the negative (-) side will fry the modulator control unit. I mounted the modulator control unit itself with the provided velcro between the headlights that didn't interfere with the forks turning back and forth. I then ran the wiring for the photo cell light sensor up the center under the cover right under the instrument panel then underneath the handlebar (leaving slack for the handlebars to turn) and zip tied the photocell itself against the cables where it had a good view of the sunlight.

It may sound complicated but taking your time and it will go just fine, then you can be seen MUCH BETTER coming down the road! Being seen is a life saver!!

Decade

Sorry I guess I'm stupid.

Is that true the modulator will only flash with HID bulbs? Someone tells me if I have the halogen bulbs with modulator, it will not flash

What actually are the result for installing the Kisan DHL Modulator?

I actually want to have both headlights on for low-beam (not flashing), but I'm still able to turn on to highbeam as I want. I understand the H7 bulb doesn't have high-low beams.... anyway....

Decade

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYjD7G0c3Cc&feature=related[/ame]

I just found this test ride video on youtube, and how come their DN-01 has both headlights on??? :confused::confused::confused:

nyparrothead

Any bulbs connected to the Kisan will modulate... This bike was designed for 1 light to be on for low beam and both for high. Absent a modulator the oly way to have both on at low beam setting and them both on and brighter of high is to re-wire the lighting circuit and change bulbs. That will be a lot of work

Mark

spamer80

What do you mean under the "both headlight on"? It's the european version and it has 2 low beams and 1 high. The bike on the video is mine.

Decade

What do you mean under the "both headlight on"? It's the european version and it has 2 low beams and 1 high. The bike on the video is mine.
That's exactly what I want. What kind of bulbs does european version run? Thanks.

And, are you in Russia? Does Russia's car has LHD or RHD?

Last edited:

spamer80

Yes, I'm in Russia. Our cars uses the most LHD, but in some regions near Japan - RHD, cause of cheaper prices. RHD is almost illegal, but there is a hole in laws.

It uses 2 x H11 Stanley bulbs for low beam and 1 H7 for high beam.

Decade

Yes, I'm in Russia. Our cars uses the most LHD, but in some regions near Japan - RHD, cause of cheaper prices. RHD is almost illegal, but there is a hole in laws.

It uses 2 x H11 Stanley bulbs for low beam and 1 H7 for high beam.
H11? Is it HID?

Can you please post some closer look pictures of the headlights, for reference?

Both sides please. Thanks.

spamer80

It's a lense optics but it's not HID. Your DN should probably use the 2 x stanley H7 lamps.
Here is some broschure pictures and today I will take a close photo.

Decade

Yes my bike, as a canadian version, has both side H7. One side low-beam, and one side for high. That's how I don't like it.

However, I figured out a very easy way mod. I will post if I got any success. :D

Y2c

In Australia, The AU model is set up to be with both headlights are on.
Modulators are illegal here.
We also have no centre light on AU models.

lgcmstr

I am french canadian.

To solve this problem, I have ...

1-) Place the motorcycle on a level surface.
2-) Adjust the two headlight beams vertically by turning specified vertical beam adjusters.

I have (down my hi-beam) and (up my low-beam) and now turn on my two beams all the time.

I am happy and secure now !!!

Excuse me for my english speaking.