Gizmo's Throttle Lock

Alexandre

Hi all,
Getting ready to buy a DN-01, I'm anticipating the installation of some sort of throttle lock to ease cruising.
I read in another post about Gizmo's system - a lever screwed into the right hand controls which sounds very practical and less obstrusive than the usually bulky add-ons available on the market.
I've seen equivalent systems for Harley-Davidson bikes, so I can imagine it working well on a DN, too !
Gizmo, would you mind giving more details and perhaps posting pics ?
Thanks in advance !

Alexandre

Hi all,
first thanks Gizmo for sending me info about his throttle locks ! It seems he's not super happy with his DN-01 setup (http://throttlelocklever.com/) and recommended using a Go Cruise system instead.
But as I live in Europe I found this more local product instead : https://www.timetoride.de/shop/cruisy-evo-motorrad-tempomat/ which is made by a German couple and features an additional pair of practical thumb controls. I can lock the throttle with my index and release it with my thumb, which I like !
The system can sometimes slip slightly, even with the provided silicon band fitted to the hand grip, so it needs practice, but it's a nice relief for the arm as I find the weight of the the DN-01's throttle a bit high - but perhaps I should try to lubricate the cables ! :unsure:

Attachments

Knob

Site Suporter
as I find the weight of the the DN-01's throttle a bit high - but perhaps I should try to lubricate the cables ! :unsure:
The german one looks pretty nice product, thank's for pointing it out.

Interestingly somehow I never felt need for such an "autopilot", even I had the real one on my Goldwing, never used this. It somehow ruins the real motorcycling feeling. Better to oil the cables and also your muscles :D

And yes, I did oil the DN's throttle cables during the spring service time and it helped really a lot.

Alexandre

Will oil the cables - thx !
Ideally I would love a real cruise control system, but the MC Cruise system made in Australia does not exist for the DN, only NC, Deauville and CTX ! Personnally I use it a lot in my car and when doing "stupid motorway miles" when I have to, it just helps me stay relaxed at the helm ;-)