Hello All.

Lin

Hello all on the forum,

My name is Lin, I've just acquired a 2009 bike, with 6100 miles on the clock and a full touring pack :) I've been watching these machines ever since they were launched back in 09 and, being an amputee, its everything I've ever wanted!

For the last 20 years or so I've been riding around on a 1983 Honda GL650 Silverwing, whom I have now retired after a long and fault free service. Once overhauled she will be placed into storage, only to come out on the best of days lol. The Dino (called 'Flo' - short for Florence) is my main daily transport, hence my appreciation of the former owner for his/her purchase of the luggage pack.

I'm an ex-soldier, served 15 years on the British Army before being involved in a catastrophic incident that left me badly injured, which 15 year later, finally led to the amputation of my leg in 2010! I've retrained as a Learning Support & Teaching Assistant, which means there is no work here in the UK!!! So I spend my time volunteering at the Design & Technology lab in the central city library or teaching ham radio studies to prospective licensee's or building and experimenting with radio antenna's! During the better weather I like to get out on my bike, go touring in Europe & the UK as well as supporting the local RAYNET Team. My wife is called Sally, we've been married for 20 years, we don't have any kids but do have four totally spoilt cats! We live just on the outskirts of the city of Exeter, which is the county capital of the County of Devon, in the SW Region of England.

Regards for now. Lin

dndom

Lin

Season's greetings Lin, and everyone else!
Lived in Ashburton a few years ago, fond memories still. One of my nephews is planning on moving to Cornwall from London as Adult teaching isn't paying enough, probably won't bother with that down there either but at least they'll be mortgage free!