Hello from Daytona Beach

Rollergoalie16

Hello all, just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. My name is Dave Kiel, I live in the Sunshine State of Florida, and am now the proud owner of a 2009 Honda DN-01. I traded in my 1990 Honda PC800 Pacific Coast yesterday for a newer, easier to find parts for, easier to work on, and even quirkier Honda. I love the looks of the DN-01 and it's a blast to ride. Glad to be a part of this forum and looking forward to learning all about my new bike and being a contributing member in the future.

Gizmo

Site Suporter
Welcome neighbor, I'm right up the road from you too ... about 90 miles.

wilson lin

Im also new . From vancouver , Canada

Welcome . I have two dn 01 , got lots infor and question to share later . this is my first post , Have been ride dn over 40000 km , got tons problem , but all figuer out , will discuss in the future.

spitfire_pt

Welcome . I have two dn 01 , got lots infor and question to share later . this is my first post , Have been ride dn over 40000 km , got tons problem , but all figuer out , will discuss in the future.
hi,

would like to know that tons of problems/solutions you had with DN-01.

not that i have issues with mine, but if something happens in the future maybe there is a solution.

regards

later2day

Yeah, I am buying an '09 for my wife and the windshield looks low and uncomfortable. Looking at the solution and while GIVI makes a great windshield, it is not the most aesthetically pleasing. I've also got to get her the GIVI saddle bags as well. This should be interesting!

We are in TN.

Gizmo

Site Suporter
Yeah, I am buying an '09 for my wife and the windshield looks low and uncomfortable. Looking at the solution and while GIVI makes a great windshield, it is not the most aesthetically pleasing. I've also got to get her the GIVI saddle bags as well. This should be interesting!

We are in TN.

I may not look 'the most aesthetically pleasing' but it does a GREAT job of pushing the wind out of the way.Honda did make a 'taller' windshield for the DN-01 but I believe you have to order it directly from a Japanese distributor.

Rollergoalie16

We are in TN.
I agree the Givi may not be a looker of a windscreen, but coming from a Honda Pacific Coast PC800 that had a Clearview +3" windscreen, the stock Dino windscreen was laughable at best. I was looking to get the most functional screen out there as far as keeping the wind blast off of my body and the Givi looked to accomplish this task the best.

later2day

Thank you for the feedback. I'll run it by the wife again, she cringed when she first looked at it. From the side it looks good, it's that view from the front that is a kick in the teeth. Of course it would be better than the stock. I wonder if the CTX700 windshield will work on the DN, I think that one has a tall windshield you can get. I will have to inquire.:)