Hello from Italy

Gioprimo

Hello from Italy! I have owned this wonderful bike for five years and I have often read the information contained on this site, and they have been of help to me to understand the strengths and weaknesses of this bike, now I wanted to ask if anyone can tell me where I can find the instructions to install rear backrest, I found one used and would like to mount it.
Thanks and sorry for my English

Gizmo

Site Suporter
Hello from Italy! I have owned this wonderful bike for five years and I have often read the information contained on this site, and they have been of help to me to understand the strengths and weaknesses of this bike, now I wanted to ask if anyone can tell me where I can find the instructions to install rear backrest, I found one used and would like to mount it.
Thanks and sorry for my English
Your English is GOOD, better than some who ONLY speak English. What backrest ('name') do you have .... is it from Honda and designed to fit the DN01? Did it come with the 'hardware' to mount the backrest?

Gizmo

Site Suporter
Will see what I can find
It is the original code 08F75-MEH-810 complete with everything, I do not have the assembly instructions and I wanted to understand which parts of the fairing to remove to fix the frame
Will see what I can find

Gizmo

Site Suporter
Yes, I wrote to Honda and obviously they told me to contact a dealership, if I contact the dealership they will tell me to bring the bike and we will do the assembly ..., unfortunately our bike is not here, perhaps because it is older
http://cssportal.css-club.net/honda/MCA/TERMS010.aspx
I am still looking ... sorry for all the trouble you are having. I am surprised that someone else on this forum has not come forth with the necessary instructions that you need. I will check at the dealership at my end to see IF they might be able to help. I have also written to Honda Powersports looking for a copy of the installation instructions for the Backrest Kit. (No guarantees though)

Last edited:

Gizmo

Site Suporter
too kind, thank you
Got a reply from Honda Powersports .... NOT even close to the installation instructions for the DN01. I received 2 separate instructions, both for the the same bike ... for the VT750C2, which IS TOTALLY different from the DN01. I just wonder IF the people at Honda Powersports can even read or understand the information that I sent them! AND even better, I ALSO received a Honda Powersports Customer Support Survey request as to the follow up answer that they gave me which SUCKED!! Needless to say, the Support Survey was NOT GOOD! I did visited my dealership, the parts people, and they ARE looking into it and will get back with me Tuesday or so they said. I rode my Honda Fury over there to see them and wouldn't you know it ... my bike would not start when I went to leave. (I think the starter when out on me) I guess the next couple of days I'll have to spend some time troubleshooting!

Last edited:

Gioprimo

I could not think that it was so difficult to recover the instructions that exist, you worked too hard for this and I do not know how to thank you, I will try to disassemble the rear fairings and I will find a way to install it

Gizmo

Site Suporter
I could not think that it was so difficult to recover the instructions that exist, you worked too hard for this and I do not know how to thank you, I will try to disassemble the rear fairings and I will find a way to install it
Be VERY careful, I understand that the plastic tabs on the pieces CAN break off IF you do it wrong! And since the DN01 is SO RARE, replacing broken pieces just might be VERY DIFFICULT! Best of Luck and keep us updated as to your progress. Ciao. As a side note: my dad was a WWII vet and met my mom during the war and she was from Grosseto. Nonna help raise me when my mom passed when I was 5. Needless to say .... I am 100% Tuscani but can not speak Italian at all!! (Did when I was little BUT lost it all as I got older!). RATS!!

Last edited:

Gioprimo

Incredible, it is really true that the world is small ..., Tuscany is very beautiful, I am from another region, Puglia

DNSarnia

Full Honda DN-01 Service Manual. t
It will show you how to disassemble the back end so you can figure out yourself how to install the back rest.
Keep in mind, the rear handle on the back of your seat needs to be modified with two holes - about 1-1/2" x 1-1/2" each.
For this reason, a) I found a new back-rail with (no holes) and b) elected to go with the Givi which uses brackets added to existing mounting points. More expensive, but less trauma to the bike.

Full panel removal information can be found in Section 3 of the manual provided below..

Service Manual - Honda DN-01

(edit to show where to find info in the manual)

Last edited:

Gizmo

Site Suporter
It will show you how to disassemble the back end so you can figure out yourself how to install the back rest.
Keep in mind, the rear handle on the back of your seat needs to be modified with two holes - about 1-1/2" x 1-1/2" each.
For this reason, a) I found a new back-rail with (no holes) and b) elected to go with the Givi which uses brackets added to existing mounting points. More expensive, but less trauma to the bike.

Thank you DNSarnia for the help, I ran out of ideas and options to tell Gioprimo.

Gioprimo

Full panel removal information can be found in Section 3 of the manual provided below..

(edit to show where to find info in the manual)
Thank you for the advice DNSarnia, for fear of breaking something I haven't tried to mount it yet.