hft transmission oil change

David

Hello, can someone tell me whether the transmission has its own oil or whether it is engine oil? My Dn-01 has only run 13k KM and the service is due, I saw the HFT filter in the manual but not how to change the oil or what oil the HFT gets.

Gizmo

Site Suporter
Hello, can someone tell me whether the transmission has its own oil or whether it is engine oil? My Dn-01 has only run 13k KM and the service is due, I saw the HFT filter in the manual but not how to change the oil or what oil the HFT gets.
Engine oil feeds both the engine and the HFT. The DN-01 has 2 filters, one for the engine and one for the HFT. Check with the user's manual for the periodicity of oil and filter(s) changes. ENJOY the new 'toy', she will last a LONG, LONG time if treated right. (Word to the wise: as the DN-01 ages, the HFT has a tendency to get 'lost' when starting .... so get in the habit of placing the D/N selector in 'N' prior to shutting the bike off!)

Freddy

.......and remember to put the trans into N before putting the side stand down like Gizmo says.

The transmission filter is located down low on the ride side, behind the plastic that runs under the foot plate. Accessing it is by far the longest part of the job. Item 7 below.

Last edited:

Gizmo

Site Suporter
I use fully synthetic motorcycle oil, with no problems. Another piece of advice - always switch off using the key and leave the kill switch in the "On" position.
How many times have I heard about bikes that would not start because the bike ON/OFF kill switch was 'left' in the OFF position and the bike ended up at the shop to be fixed! VERY GOOD advice about the kill switch!! PLUS using the kill switch TOO OFTEN has a possibility of wearing it out!