Honda OEM Taller windshield?

tlyons

Once upon a time, Honda offered a taller Honda branded windshield. As I remember, it was not available in the US where I live. I cannot find any reference to it or where to get one. Anyone know where to find one or at least a part number?

I broke my Puig (which I can't find anywhere either) and would to try something with more wind protection than the stock shorty but a bit more style than the Givi.

Thanks!

Gizmo

Site Suporter
May have to "search" for someone who can "create" a custom windshield for you or make another Puig like you had. I love my Givi D316S.

tlyons

08R80-MEH-800
Thanks! I found a few options on Ebay. Now I will have to talk myself into a $300 windscreen...

Ordered one from a seller in the Netherlands; paid less than I expected. I hope I like it; I still have the original, the Givi and a broken Puig if not. Should be in my hands in a week or so.

Last edited:

spamer80

Thanks! I found a few options on Ebay. Now I will have to talk myself into a $300 windscreen...

Ordered one from a seller in the Netherlands; paid less than I expected. I hope I like it; I still have the original, the Givi and a broken Puig if not. Should be in my hands in a week or so.
Np. Imo, the best looking windscreen with adequate wind protection. Seen a few taller still good looking internal japanese ones but it's harder to find.

Also if you have the us version of dn-01 with 2 headlights, you may need the triangle parking light to fill the hole on the "nose".
33180-MEH-631 Full setup
or
33181-MEH-631 Triangle glass
33182-MEH-631 Triangle base for glass

Last edited:

tlyons

Thanks for the help; I am living with the triangle. Behind it is just black plastic and I am not that detail oriented.

Quick Review of 08R80-MEH-800 slightly taller wind screen:
1. It just looks better to me and it follows the lines of the bike.
2. I may have turned my Dino into a non-highway cruiser. It doesn't have the chest buffeting of the OEM screen but offers little protection above 55MPH. Turning my head to look at a side lane is unpleasantly pressured. OTOH, it is spring in New England and most of the riding has been breezy so perhaps I will like it better in a month or two.

I might experiment with some kind of removable deflector on the top edge to see if I can calm it down for long highway rides.