hoping to join you soon from France ;-)

Alexandre

Hi all,
I'm Alexandre from Bordeaux, France.
Until now I was more into Suzuki Katanas (still am, in fact - more info on my website : http://katana.france.pagesperso-orange.fr/) but I'm currently in the process of buying a DN-01 to tour Europe with comfort (not the Katana range forte if I might say so ;-).
I've found a nice one for sale not far from home, but on test-driving it, it exhibited some vibes around 4000rpm/80kph.
I found this a little odd as every review I read mentionned a vibration-free bike.
What do you think ?
(Don't hesitate to correct me if I should have posted this in the technical section ;-)

Knob

Site Suporter
I've found a nice one for sale not far from home, but on test-driving it, it exhibited some vibes around 4000rpm/80kph.
Hi there!
This is known issue at DN's and it is noticeable mostly at speed 84...85 kmh/3500 rpm and while very little throttle is applyed (going steady, not accelerating).
There are couple views what causes this issue, one is that it is caused by transmission changing ratio, but I myself support fuel injection issue (not really a fault, but just an issue).
I did overcame it by installing Dynojet PCV and Autotune, therefore I support the FI issue.
BTW you will not feel this issue while accelerating, only when with speed/rpm rate and very small throttle opening as I did mentioned.

Do not let this issue bother you by deciding about purchasing DN, it is quite good to operate in all other ways.

Gizmo

Site Suporter
Hi there!
This is known issue at DN's and it is noticeable mostly at speed 84...85 kmh/3500 rpm and while very little throttle is applyed (going steady, not accelerating).
There are couple views what causes this issue, one is that it is caused by transmission changing ratio, but I myself support fuel injection issue (not really a fault, but just an issue).
I did overcame it by installing Dynojet PCV and Autotune, therefore I support the FI issue.
BTW you will not feel this issue while accelerating, only when with speed/rpm rate and very small throttle opening as I did mentioned.

Do not let this issue bother you by deciding about purchasing DN, it is quite good to operate in all other ways.
TOTALLY agree

Knob

Site Suporter
Sooner or later you will meet the darned "Oil pressure light"-issue, caused by the engine oil level sensor misbehave :)
Prepare yourself mentally for this, there is enough information how to deal with it on this forum.
On EU-model bikes it seems the oil pressure light will not blink, but will be steady ON, making it a bit even more confusing and annoying. This issue is not very well documented by Honda.

The key to approach here is the ECM- and TCM-gizmos will stay alive for about 3 minutes after turning the ignition key off. During this time period after turning ignition off also the false oil pressure error will stay on. You can get the oil pressure light off only after the given time period will pass, while ignition key is in off position ofcourse meanwhile.

So do not start the bike while it is tilted on side stand and/or front wheel somewhat too much upward. Your friends will meanwhile drive away and let you alone to boil in your shame to deal with the issue on roadside... :)

Alexandre

Funny I was reading about this at the same time in another topic.
I've understood the DN-01 mantra - never start the bike when inclined !!!
🙏

Alexandre

Hi all,
Just to let you know I've bought the bike - a delight to ride, I feel I'm on a magic carpet !
I'm very happy with my purchase.
Now I'm going to prepare it for my European trip - Givi screen (I hate the look of it, but it's the only protective one readily available on the market - I asked Madstad whether they make one but they're not interested), some throttle lock system and some panniers - possibly soft ones to avoid ugly rails.
Glad to join you !
😊

Attachments