How many Kms with full tank?

spitfire_pt

hi,

My DN-01 is recent and i wonder how many kms a full tank is able to do.

On my bike:
around 40 kms it drops one stick
around 80 kms it drops another
around 145 kms half-thank
around 180 kms drops to only one stick

After this i am afaid and put gas again, its spending around 5.5l at for each 100km

From what i read the tank is 15l, so i should get something around 250kms.

but from 180 kms to 250 kms its a big distance and i dont thing mine can do 250kms :(

So far it the only thing i hate, the low kms between feeling it again

whitehawk

I use 160 miles (about 257km) as a target limit, by which time the low fuel warning is flashing. I haven't tested it until I run out so don't know what the real limit is, and of course riding style, load/weight, headwinds etc. will all play a part to make it a variable limit.
I use automatic mode in cities and on the motorway but manual mode for all other roads.
As soon as the low fuel warning is flashing it is time to find a nearby fuel station, or start panicking if it's late, you're in the middle of Wales and 50 miles from an open station!

spitfire_pt

Today mine stated flashing around 205kms.

went to fill it up and it toke 12L, witch is 6L every 100kms :(

this time i was using manual all the time, so for me i guess automatic is better in fuel consumption.

I have gas station everywhere, but 200kms for me its stoping every 2 days to fill it up

Gizmo

Site Suporter
Check out 'Fuelly' on the Internet to get "real world' numbers based on riders' inputs. Everyone rides differently under different conditions/places.

DNSarnia

I actually took a gas can with me and ran the bike to the end of the tank. I will advise that I was a 'cautionary driver' meaning that I was driving as conservatively as possible, never exceeding speed limits, coasting on long downward slopes, and very easy on acceleration from stop - and no gunning it to pass anybody anywhere anytime.

From full tank to dead empty I got 335 Km.

I'm happy to report that after you put gas into a fully empty tank, the start up with fresh gas was immediate. (not like after draining carbs - this bike fired right up on first crank).

Having said that - while normal riding, I generally get the 'wanna fill my tank blues' by about 240km.... as the indicator starts to blink red. When I fill up as soon as I see this...there is still about 4 or 5 litres in the tank... or about 80 or 100 km.

Last edited:

spitfire_pt

I actually took a gas can with me and ran the bike to the end of the tank. I will advise that I was a 'cautionary driver' meaning that I was driving as conservatively as possible, never exceeding speed limits, coasting on long downward slopes, and very easy on acceleration from stop - and no gunning it to pass anybody anywhere anytime.

I'm happy to report that after you put gas into a fully empty tank, the start up with fresh gas was immediate. (not like after draining carbs - this bike fired right up on first crank).

Having said that - while normal riding, I generally get the 'wanna fill my tank blues' by about 240km.... as the indicator starts to blink red. When I fill up as soon as I see this...there is still about 4 or 5 litres in the tank... or about 80 or 100 km.

Like i said last time i was using Manual shift and averege a 6L/100kms, so when it blinked i had only 3L left (from my calculation since tank only takes 15L)

Before on automatic i was doing 5L.

Now on autommatic and let me see what happens, my route is always the same and i drive the same way.

DNSarnia

If you are trying to get the best economy, don't wait on shifting in manual mode. The DN-01 gets much better mileage in manual if you switch up to the next gear as soon as it lets you. You'll be doing about 45km/h in 5th gear, and if you do it consistently, you'll be getting at least the low 5's... I actually for one tank full pulled off about 4.1 L/100km - but you have to be conscious of it at every turn - and baby the crap out of it and never exceed the posted speed limits.

120 to 140 km/h sucks gas like crazy.

spitfire_pt

hi

I was shifting ASAP on manual and my speed doesnt exceed 120. not on the roads i have to go :)
2nd at 22kms
3rd at 31kms
4th at 40 kms
5th at 51kms
6th at 68kms

But i didnt see improvment on saving gasoline and also it sucks having to pay attention to speed to change gear, not doing it again takes focus out of the road.

Gizmo

Site Suporter

A FEW times I have even 'hit' 190 miles AND still had about 1/2 gallon left. I pretty much run in full auto ALWAYS and have averaged 52.7 mpg with 124 fill ups, running normally (land is fairly FLAT here in Florida). AND I do run the Dino ABOVE the speed limit mostly, mainly so that I DON'T get run over! 70 mph seems to be the "sweet" speed for best economy.

L

Liraninc

A FEW times I have even 'hit' 190 miles AND still had about 1/2 gallon left. I pretty much run in full auto ALWAYS and have averaged 52.7 mpg with 124 fill ups, running normally (land is fairly FLAT here in Florida). AND I do run the Dino ABOVE the speed limit mostly, mainly so that I DON'T get run over! 70 mph seems to be the "sweet" speed for best economy.
Where in Florida? My Dino is in Bonita Springs..

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Gizmo

Site Suporter
Sorry, new to this..

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Just pulling your chain! We NEED to meet someday and compare notes/ride the 'flat lands' of Florida but we are a good distance from each other.

Rollergoalie16

Nice to see a fellow Floridian here. I live in Daytona Beach, and just traded my 1990 Pacific Coast in on a 2009 DN-01 yesterday at a dealer in St Augustine. Thanks for the mileage numbers.