Kisan Headlight Modulator

Stove Pipe

Installed the Kisan DHL Modulator Kit (flashes both headlights) onto the wife's new Dino. It was a little bit of a job and would be much harder if you have never had the forward plastic removed. I had to remove the seats then both side (tank) panels, then the foward nose cap (just as you were replacing the windshield). Once that's off you are looking at the headlight assemblies (three bolts each) I went ahead and removed them and placed them on the workbench, so I could install the modulator adapter plates and wires much easier. I had to drill one 1/4" hole in the lower side of each to run the wiring, and also you have to cut about a 50 cent size circle out of the back of the removable cover (the one that you remove to replace a light bulb) to allow for the increased depth of the adapter. Then I re-covered the cutout area with some thick duct type tape. NOTICE!!! If you do this intallation be sure to note the little beveled corner on the adapter plate that plugs between the socket and the bulb. IT MUST BE ON THE SIDE OF THE POSITIVE (+) TERMINAL OF THE SOCKET!! A reversal or placing it on the negative (-) side will fry the modulator control unit. I mounted the modulator control unit itself with the provided velcro between the headlights that didn't interfere with the forks turning back and forth. I then ran the wiring for the photo cell light sensor up the center under the cover right under the instrument panel then underneath the handlebar (leaving slack for the handlebars to turn) and zip tied the photocell itself against the cables where it had a good view of the sunlight.

It may sound complicated but taking your time and it will go just fine, then you can be seen MUCH BETTER coming down the road! Being seen is a life saver!!

Last edited: