Larger windshield.... anybody find one!

Dale M

I've got the Givi windshield and its ok for a sport windshield but I want one twice as big, one that I can just look over like my Harley. Have seen all the posts as to whats out there but I keep looking. Know that there probably will never be one because not many DN-01s on the road. Some manufactorers make custom windshields but haven't found one.:confused:

Ken

Dale-
I put the Puig on my DN01.... still too low! directs wind right into the face. I added a 'Laminar Lip' and it helped alot. good luck.
Ken:)

Dale M

Ken, I also added the Laminar Lip and agree with you. Just had mine taped on to find just the right spot then it got cold and now we have snow so.... next spring will get it right. Dale:)

SCOOTA

windshield

Madstad make an adjustable screen, directs the air over the top of my helmet, a pleasure to ride now.
Scoota

Dale M

The solution for a taller windshield is trade you DN-01 for a Honda CTX700. Looks almost like a DN-01 but it has a touring windshield, saddlebags and passenger backrest. Costs half the price one pays for a DN-01 retail. Just a thought although really all your gaining is a windshield and a slightly looking different bike.

SCOOTA

You're right Jim, it is very functional and adjustable, no wind buffeting, the air is directed completely away from the body, makes for a very comfortable ride. I'll get some pics and post them on, I reckon it looks the goods !!

Sharona

Honda tall windshield height

It was $250
Hello,

Please tell me the height of the Honda tall windshield. I have the Givi smoke and will be adding the Laminar lip in clear ( very poor aesthetic combo). I may prefer the Honda tall if height is same or greater than the Givi. Also, do you know where I could find the Honda tall? Any other windshield suggestions that could work with the Laminar lip with a more integrated look are welcome. Installation would need to be fairly standard. With Givi, wind goes directly into face and I am 5'2" and prefer to look just over the shield. Don't like the smoke Givi but it came with bike and prefer a smoother shape, not willing to spend the $ just to replace with clear Givi. The laminar lip in smoke is very dark and I would be stuck looking through it to see the road in front, so exchanged for clear lip. Of course, would prefer a quality, one piece shield where the wind will pass just over the helmet but does not seem to exist.