Location of "OPTION" connector plug

Alexandre

Hi all,
wanting to do a neat installation of USB supply, and possibly heated grips, can anyone tell me where the factory "OPTION" plug connector is located ?
It appears on the wiring diagram in the service manual, but there is no mention as to where to find it !!!
Thanks in advance ;-)

Knob

Site Suporter
Can you please point out where do you see the OPTION plug on schematics? I have US model service manual and can not find the extra power socket on this.

It is always possible to take power for these smaller accessories from front or rear parking light wires.
Big blue socket under right upper cowling:
Blue wire: positive +12V. Green wire: negative -12V. This is switchable power.

01a.jpg 02a.jpg 03b.jpg

Last edited:

Alexandre

Hi Knob,
thanks for the precious info !
Here's a zoom on the US diagram.
Yesterday at the dealership, we dug out the European wiring diagram, and funnily enough the OPTION connector was near the tail light.
But the mechanic said it does not necessarily correspond to its actual location.
It would seem logical to have it near the steering column for NAVI system and heated grips, but on some bikes it is under the seat so that sounds logical, too ;-)

Attachments

Knob

Site Suporter
Yes I noticed this OPTION connector. But as it contains also a speed signal (the pink wire) I did not pay much attention to it, was thinking it's somehow speedometer related.
Actually there seem included a fused power line also, so probably it is usable for accessories. Never met this socket on EU bike, perhaps not searching too well :)

But as you probably will install the USB voltage converter close to the handle bars there is also a good access directly to ignition switch wires, and those wires are close to handlebars too.
Probably good place for USB voltage converter may be under right side upper cowling, where is the big "snake-nest". And there is already several possibilities to get the converter powered.

Alexandre

Thanks again for the info !
Hmmm... I was toying the idea of getting the Honda 22mm bar that fits between the handlebars to install a factory-like navigation system/phone holder, and have the USB port underneath the handlebar fairing, to avoid having a flopping cable between bar and fairing.
I'll have to look more closely on the bike when I've bought it ! ;)

Knob

Site Suporter
I was toying the idea of getting the Honda 22mm bar that fits between the handlebars to install a factory-like navigation system/phone holder,
So did I, but any cross-bar between handlebars just covers the speedometer, so it is out of options, at least for me.

I saw somewhere somebody installed a RAM ball-mount in the center of handlebars, thru the plastic cover. This may be a good choice. Less vibration also.

Alexandre

Hi again,
just to let you know the dealership I bought my DN-01 from gave me the PDF wiring diagram for the French version of the bike.
It actually features two OPTION plugs !!!
One at the front with speed info, one at the back with turn lights info.
Surprising !
I don't know whether I can publish the PDF file on the site ? (copyright rules)

Knob

Site Suporter
Hi again,
just to let you know the dealership I bought my DN-01 from gave me the PDF wiring diagram for the French version of the bike.
It actually features two OPTION plugs !!!
One at the front with speed info, one at the back with turn lights info.
Surprising !
I don't know whether I can publish the PDF file on the site ? (copyright rules)
The Honda DN-01 official service manual scanned paper book pdf is available publicly and for free on the Internet on several sites, even Google will find them. So I do not see any reason why not to share the schematics. At least please give the link for downloading in private message?

Alexandre

Hi all,
I've found the two OPTION connectors available on the bike !
The front one is located under the upper cowl, attached to the LH orange blinker connector. It's a 4-pin Sumitomo HM 090 Series that can mate to a female connector #6187-4441 to get a clean attachment. It features plus, minus, and speed information.
The rear one is attached to the loom under the body colour sticker, on the RH side of rear cover - it's visible when the passenger seat is removed. It's a 6-pin Sumitomo HM 090 Series that can mate to a female connector #6187-6801. It features plus, minus, RH and LH turn signal, as well a white/black wire, possibly to immobilise the bike (I think the optional alarm was plugging to it).
Pics enclosed !

Attachments

Gizmo

Site Suporter
Hi all,
I've found the two OPTION connectors available on the bike !
The front one is located under the upper cowl, attached to the LH orange blinker connector. It's a 4-pin Sumitomo HM 090 Series that can mate to a female connector #6187-4441 to get a clean attachment. It features plus, minus, and speed information.
The rear one is attached to the loom under the body colour sticker, on the RH side of rear cover - it's visible when the passenger seat is removed. It's a 6-pin Sumitomo HM 090 Series that can mate to a female connector #6187-6801. It features plus, minus, RH and LH turn signal, as well a white/black wire, possibly to immobilise the bike (I think the optional alarm was plugging to it).
Pics enclosed !
Thank you for the info