Mini Mod

nyparrothead

Hi All, I ride a Wing and have done this mod to it so I thought it would look nice on the wife's DN01..

While I like the locking gas lid, sometime it is a pain and the keys can scratch the paint. I took a Wing radio knob and cut a groove into it, Made a copy of the key and cut it down so when it is inserted into the slot and into the lock, the knob is about flush. After you have the key and slot right, drill a small hole in the base of the key, insert it into the slot and fill the void of the knob with fast set JB Weld. The small hole in the key will help anchor the key within the JB Weld....

The key is not long enough to use in the ignition and the DN01 is a chip'ed key so it is useless. if you are worried about it, while you are away from the bike, pull it out and store it. Most people will not know that it is a key from looking at it,,

Mark

Attachments

Stove Pipe

Yes, that's a good one! When I bought my current Goldwing the previous owner had done this to the fuel door and the glove box. Might just have to do the DN-01 also?

ShaG

good one, i have to look for something similar as i dont have wing parts, the idea is great

Stove Pipe

good one, i have to look for something similar as i dont have wing parts, the idea is great
You can buy these knobs from Show Chrome / Big Bike suppliers. They are just Honda 1800 Goldwing replacement radio knobs. You could always buy them from a Honda Dealer too.