New owner questions

zebra03

I just bought a used ( 560 miles ) 2009 Honda DN-01 and have to say what a wonderful bike . I got it for 2-up riding and it is been all good so far . A few questions . What originally came with the tool kit ? Mine seems sparse . What is the wire with the rubber cover for under the seat ? My anti-freeze tank has has chrome tape on the outside . Is this normal ? What kind of mpg should I expect ? Thanks in advance .

Quasi Moto

Congratulations on your near new DN-01

Congratulations, I am desparately saving up for a Dark Candy Red DN-01.
Only found 3 used, but I can buy a NEW in the Crate one for less than any of those.
Did yours have any luggage or upgraded screen? How much did you pay?
In case you prefer not to post the price shoot me a Private message or E-mail.
Ride Blessed.

zebra03

I did find out my tool bag is complete . Does anybody know the answers to the rest of my questions ?

tlyons

I just bought a used ( 560 miles ) 2009 Honda DN-01 and have to say what a wonderful bike . I got it for 2-up riding and it is been all good so far . A few questions . What originally came with the tool kit ? Mine seems sparse . What is the wire with the rubber cover for under the seat ? My anti-freeze tank has has chrome tape on the outside . Is this normal ? What kind of mpg should I expect ? Thanks in advance .
Tools:
http://www.hdlparts.com/fiche_secti...y=Motorcycles&make=Honda&year=2009&fveh=26243

Rubber covered wire: You run it through the D ring of your helment and back under the seat. With the seat locked over it, you've locked the helmet to the bike.

Chrome tape: no idea.

MPG: 45MPG but there's a post from someone getting better.

But it sounds like you need the owner's manual. Go here and register:
https://www.ahm-ownerlink.com/login.asp?page=/prod_home.asp

After you put in your model (DN-01) go here and download the user manual:
http://www.ahm-ownerlink.com/Model/mdl_manual.asp

zebra03

Another question . Since half of my riding is with a passenger , what setting should I put my suspension at ? I have it at 3 now .

russcarver

I would crank it up higher than that. I weigh 165 and my wife 180. I have 3 Givi cases and 1 normally carries 30-ish lbs and another around 5-10. With all that, I set mine at 3. I would lookup (I have forgotten) the max weight the bike can carry - divide that by the number of settings on the shock. Then find the total weight you'll carry max with passenger and divide that by the number you got above. That will be what you set the shock at.

--Russ

zebra03

Using that system I think I would have to set it at 9 since my wife and I exceed 324lbs . :D
I am gonna try 4 and see what happens . Thanks

tlyons

I would crank it up higher than that. I weigh 165 and my wife 180. I have 3 Givi cases and 1 normally carries 30-ish lbs and another around 5-10. With all that, I set mine at 3. I would lookup (I have forgotten) the max weight the bike can carry - divide that by the number of settings on the shock. Then find the total weight you'll carry max with passenger and divide that by the number you got above. That will be what you set the shock at.

--Russ
How does the bike ride loaded that way?

(You're around 50-100lbs above the 324lbs/344lbs the manual suggests. Different manuals say 324lbs or 344lbs.)

Stove Pipe

Zebra

Tape Question.

Our GL-1800 Goldwing has the tape on the reservoir cooling tank, and it too looks like a cheap repair job.

zebra03

Zebra

Tape Question.

Our GL-1800 Goldwing has the tape on the reservoir cooling tank, and it too looks like a cheap repair job.
When I showed it to the dealer , he said it was protection for the tank as the tape was to shield heat from the exhaust .

Stove Pipe

I must say, I am blessed in that department. My wife doesn't come near overloading the bike and rides with extremely good form too. Although, if we go 2-up we always go on the Goldwing.

You know what? I just was thinking.....since the DN-01 was purchased she has not been on the GW. I think she likes it????? Got a trip to Mississippi coming up in 3 weeks and I guess that will tell the story for the longer haul though?

Stove Pipe

Well since you are the original poster, I will go off subject a bit more.

It will be cool in the morning and pretty darn nice by noon into the afternoon.

You are most welcome to meet us in Tupelo Mississippi! Ms Beverly at Honda of Tupelo and the Mississippi GWRRA throws one H#11 of a street dance and block party just to open the event on Thursday night the 13th!

Last edited: