Oil Change , Kinda

zebra03

Well , I changed oil yesterday ....kinda . I came up on 4000 miles and I just did not want to wait for 8000 miles to change my oil . IMHO , that is just too long an interval . So I changed the oil and the spin on oil filter . I did not bother with the HFT filter . I figured it will be OK until 8000 miles . If any buddy cares , It took 3.25 qts .

Stove Pipe

Zebra

4K is probably a good point for a change, that's the magic number I change oil & filter on my Goldwing. I also change the final drive fluid ever other oil change or 8K.

JoAnn is just turned 1,725 on her Dino after our Harrison Arkansas group ride this weekend, although it was serviced at 600 miles. A while yet before the next. It sure brought alot of attention at that ride!!!!

russcarver

I'll be coming up on 4000 miles around the beginning of December (after 8 months of riding). The shop will be doing the service (prepaid) and I want them too since the extended warranty requires detailed maintenance records. Back at 600 miles, I had them put in the Honda synthetic blend as I ride all winter (yes, here in Colorado!). I'll see if I can't get a cost for ya'll after it's done.

--Russ

zebra03

From what I can see , Honda recommends the oil in the DN-01 to be changed every 8000 miles so I am curious why your dealer is paying for the oil change at 4000 miles . My dealer will only change oil when specified in the owners book .

Rus

Manual
Engine oil PRO HONDA GN4 4-Stroke Motorcycle Oil SAE 10W-40 (or 3,67l 0,946l)
Reference: 08C35-A141M01 or L01