Paint

Overthehill

Hi All,
My beast has fading to orange in various intensities particularly the cover on the grab handle at the rear.
I'm trying to decide what my options are.
Expensive is not one of them.
ie..forget repaint.
I'm thinking about hydro dip with carbon fibre, any ideas (only on the grab handle cover)
Also, a previous owner either lowsided on the left hand side or went bush bashing and badly scraped the underside panel on the left.
Currently I'm looking at tidying it up and painting a strip on part of the lower section in satin black.
Any ideas??
Cheers all
Pete

salutyoyo

My previous bike needed a paint job but I couldn't afford to have it done, nor wasn't sure to be able to do it correctly myself.
I decided to try Plasti Dip, which is basically a vinyl covering from a spray can.
Cheap and easy to use, and also easy to remove if you don't like the result (if you make several layers that form an actual coat of vinyl).
My matt black covering looked nice, at least good enough for me and for the guy who bought the bike afterwards. I tried the extra layer that's supposed to make it a satin black but didn't like the aspect.
Yoyo

spitfire_pt

My previous bike needed a paint job but I couldn't afford to have it done, nor wasn't sure to be able to do it correctly myself.
I decided to try Plasti Dip, which is basically a vinyl covering from a spray can.
Cheap and easy to use, and also easy to remove if you don't like the result (if you make several layers that form an actual coat of vinyl).
My matt black covering looked nice, at least good enough for me and for the guy who bought the bike afterwards. I tried the extra layer that's supposed to make it a satin black but didn't like the aspect.
Yoyo
hi used Plasti dip on my Give side cases, in the beggining all was fine (easy to paint and great result) the problem was after first trip over 160kms/h that the bugs crashing on it started to remove the pain.

I guess i shoud have added the gloss over for a better protection. now its back to paint job. not hard but sucks having to mask all over again.

My recomendation a good paint job is better.