Question about low Mileage on a used bike

Steevk

I am currently looking at a Honda Dn 01 with 1200 miles on it. For a bike that is this old, is that something that I should worry about? The owner bought the bike new in 2010. My concern is that the bike has sat in the garage in Florida for most of it's life. Is there anything mechanical that I should worry about with such low mileage? I know most engines work much better when driven/ran for regular intervals of time.

I have driven it for a short 15 minute ride and it seems fine, but many issues do not expose themselves in that short of a time frame.

Just wondering about your thoughts on this.

spamer80

Ride a few hours, possibly in traffic, check for seal leaks, check if battery is ok, check if n/d switch is working correctly, no stuck, then just replace oil. I don't think 9 yrs oil is as good as 9 yrs whiskey. There is more, but it's hard to type all on phone.

Dino666

It will be fine!
Change the tires, oil, battery, filters and then go get lost on a back road someplace :)

tlyons

It will be fine!
Change the tires, oil, battery, filters and then go get lost on a back road someplace :)
Let me second all that. 9 year old tires are done even if 1200 miles; same for battery.
->New tires are slippery. Drive it easy until the mold release is worn off.