Rear shock adjustment

BobF

I reckon the standard toolkit spanner is simply the wrong part. The radius of the curve is too long, meaning that the peg slipt out of the slot!
I have an ancient c-spanner from a bicycle toolkit from the '70s and it fits perfectly ! :)

djy1967

rear shock info please

doe's anyone feel that the rear shock is to soft? when I lift the bike of the side stand or push on it, it seems to sag heaps is this normal for these bikes? ps preload is set at max

are you shore its set at max? as im 110kgs and its only on position 2 (second lowest setting). and its firm enough at that setting

mickwa

I put a little WD40 on the top of the adjuster, helps alot. Then I took a dye grinder to an after market spanner wrench, and squared up the corners on the tab. everything works easey then
Mick

djy1967

are you shore its set at max? as im 110kgs and its only on position 2 (second lowest setting). and its firm enough at that setting
yep set to max and it feel like if you put the slightest weight while lifting of the side stand the rear shock sags heaps, put it this way to try and stand the bike more upright I use a 1" thick brick under the side stand and it feels like it would fall over to the right if I do not hold the bike. ps riders weight is 110 kg

Last edited:

james51k

* I have recently adjust shock tension
* Ensure pin spanner is in good condition without rounded corners/ fine file to correct
* With OEM pin spanner inserted & extension bar fitted apply direct pressure to pin head of pin spanner to ensure pin spanner does not slip out out of it's holding ( it doesn't take too much force to help keep the pin spanner engaged - wear leather gloves & be very careful of any injury to yourself - take it slow & easy)
Good luck with it, use owners manual instructions - it worked for me BUT please be careful to avoid injury to fingers!
Cheers