Scraping the pegs

I scraped the pegs recently for the first time in an 80Km corner, scared the life out of me, and stupidly I stood the bike up mid corner.
Luckily there wasn't anyone in the next lane, it gave my husband, following me, a minor heart attack, but I recovered.
Has anyone else done this yet? I have only had the bike two months and love the twisties, but the incident left me a bit rattled for the rest of the ride.

mickwa

It's kind of a way of life for me, scrape all the time. Unfortunely the bike corners better than the floorboards do.
Mick :D

Stove Pipe

At least they fold a little and won't raise your front wheel off the pavement. That's one helpless feeling!!

Last edited:

Pebbles

I've been toying with the idea of modifying the floorboard brackets to allow a little more clearance for Sukuta Girl. She's scraped just enough times to change her old habits of leaning way over- something she could do on the SilverWing and never touch down.

I don't have the skills or knowledge to safely attempt something like a "peg riser". I hope to find the time to stop by a custom bike shop and ask for ideas and prices.

I pointed out to SG that adding real foot pegs under her would be less clearance than the floorboards unless they were somehow mounted higher- which would lead to a higher seat or an awkward seating position. Of course raising the floor boards may be just as awkward.

I suggested she try it "sportbike style" using the rear foot pegs- which promptly folded on me when i tried to show by example!

Terran Sin
Chief Farkle Mechanic and Valet for Sukuta Girl

JG122

from what I could hear, this chap only scraped once during his spirited run :

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8yiK-in26M[/ame]

Loic

Un autre problème avec la DN01

When I let tmy hands out of the bar between 40 to 90 km/h, my DN01 starts dangerous bars shaking. Dis you meet the same problem and how to solve it?
I've installed top case and side bags.
I also installed an hight screen.

Honda has no answer to reduce this shaking.....

Last edited:

zebra03

When I let tmy hands out of the bar between 40 to 90 km/h, my DN01 starts dangerous bars shaking. Dis you meet the same problem and how to solve it?
I've installed top case and side bags.
I also installed an hight screen.

Honda has no answer to reduce this shaking.....
My DN-01 does the same thing . I guess don't let go is the only option .

Norrie

Honda told me it was due to front tire wear, a new tire cured the problem for approx 1,000 kms. before returning. I just put it down to the nature of the bike. Most of the DN01s have the same problem.

therustyaxe

The first time I scraped a pen (wasn't on this Honda) SCARED THE CRAP OUT OF ME!

I didn't put the bike upright though because I new I would loose control in the corner.

That scary part was it hit a road reflector on top of that.

I can relate to the mild heart attack. First time is always scary!:D