Stebel Nautilus Compact Motorcycle Air Horn

Stove Pipe

We covered being seen as a major safety factor with the Kisan headlight modulator and the Back-Off brake light modulator, but we also wanted to be heard, when the need arrises. So, I removed the factory "beep-beep" horn and installed the Stebel Nautilus Compact Motorcycle Air Horn (139db w/High and lows combined). Although, it's NOT just a plug and play.

You can buy the Stebel in two forms, with or without the wiring harness and relay. I went ahead and bought it with the wiring harness ($60) from http://wingstuff.com/pgroup_detail/...o=/pgroup_list/gl1800/377_goldwing_horns/des/
It was fairly simple to install by removing the forward lower panel to access the OEM horn, the seat and the left side (tank) panel to run the harness and connect it to the battery. Remove the OEM horn and plug the OEM wires into the supplied harness (after installing the harness in the direction from the battery to the horn). You have to fabricate or secure the horn into that compartment of your makings. Then connect the + and - wiring harness wires to the new Stebel horn. However, I found the positive wire to the battery was about 10" too short, no problem just use a butt splice and add wire of the same size. I mounted my relay just under the left side of the riders seat inside the top frame rail, that's just about where it comes to be when you get the harness installed.

Took about an hour to install but now when my wife blows the horn, notice get taken! Especially by the deer!!!

Last edited: