stuck in d mode. ..... help

spamer80

hello I had the same problem as you but sorry if my english is bad, I'm french and I translate my word with internet
impossible for me to leave the D mode
I thought immediately of a problem of sensor and after my researches I changed three pieces the least expensive
here are the 3 pieces:
number 20 :
https://www.partzilla.com/product/honda/37240-P13-013
number 22
https://www.partzilla.com/product/honda/38400-MEH-003
number 23
https://www.partzilla.com/product/honda/38500-MEH-003

since that day I have no problem
I have already done 10,000kms since the change
after I do not say it's THE solution but for me it has solved the problem
very simple to change and not very expensive, just a screw to dismount and shoot on the sensor
Good to hear, but the lock-up solenoid valve (#23) has no connection to N/D mechanism. It`s only starting to work after 85 km/h in D and 115km/h in S mode. The "bump" we`re feeling when cruising around this speed is the activated lock-up solenoid. That`s all :)
Anyway, if you have problem with N -> D or D -> N, you sould wait a little and the bike will show you the blinking "_" error code.
It will be 45 (neutral oil pressure sensor) or 14 (N/D solenoid valve lock). No known exceptions :)

Last edited:

JOHNVOLT

change Right switch

I own DN 01 Almost a year now...im doing some ''tricks'' i ve learn all this time when the dn stucks on D mode....try one off the following one at a time , cause is not always for the same reason when it does this problem....a) shake the bike a bit for the htf pistons to be in the right place inside b) have press on ingition button when you turn on the key c) take off the battery poles for 15mins D) charge your battery so that the ecu has enough power to make a full check when u turn on the key....when i try one of the above i always have a positive result and i always start the bike...remember always to turn the mode to ''N'' before u turn off the bike
Updated solution for starting problems
Finally i had to replace the right swinch with a new one due to moisture problem in the D-N selector total cost 250 euros .... plus the sensor on the stand which i disable it to avoid replace it,also....
now the bike is fine and no more starting problems even after wash or any heavy rain

Last edited:

cruising

Help please my Dino is stuck in d mode it wont go back into neutral even when turned ignition off then on...please help ive checked fuse and solenoid contacts..
Been there. Switched the bike off and luckily it reset
I now try and stop the bike in neutral before switching it off . So far that simple solution seems to work. No promises though.

Gizmo

Site Suporter
Been there. Switched the bike off and luckily it reset
I now try and stop the bike in neutral before switching it off . So far that simple solution seems to work. No promises though.
I, too, do that procedure EVERYTIME I turn the bike off ... no problems for me either.