The new HONDA DN-01 will be the NM4 !!

xaneti

Front design looks great, but i don´t like rear shape. I think this bike is nearest to Integra than DN01. It seems a scooter...

spamer80

Parallel twin, same cc, chain drive, no legs protection from the wind. No, thanks. No improvements from DN-01 at all.

sinclair48K

On the other hand I don't like the CTX series but really like the look of the NM4. Shame it doesn't have a belt or shaft drive though. One of the main reasons apart from loving the looks of the DN-01 was easy maintenance, with no chain or CVT belt to change. My only other choices would be the VFR1200FD or the Crosstourer DCT, if I had the money.

I wonder why the HFT transmission was never used again, cost ? weight ? Be interesting to find out..

Vtdn01

Is that a bike that is in production or just or just and engineers dream and will it be sold in the USA

Gizmo

Site Suporter
Is that a bike that is in production or just or just and engineers dream and will it be sold in the USA
I read somewhere that it's "suppose" to be here in the States about June/July for sale. Seeing is believing! Like Honda doesn't have enough "new" toys coming out this year.

Gizmo

Site Suporter
Nice but not the dino. I do however like the honda ctx1300 :)

The CTX 1300 is a beautiful bike, but getting one is VERY limited. And even IF you could find one to buy, the chances of demoing it is about nil. Honda has promoed the hell out of the bike, months before the dealership even got them, causing everyone to WANT one! 15K+ is alot to spend on a "dream" bike that needs to be proven IF it's worth it.

Gizmo

Site Suporter
The silhouette of the NM4 is identical to the DN-01 except it has shaper edges. The nomencature of the NM4 is: NC700J, just another member of the NC700 series of bikes. The DN-01 is what it is, there is no competition! If Honda had priced the DN-01 right when it first came out, we'd have more members on this forum!

spamer80

The silhouette of the NM4 is identical to the DN-01 except it has shaper edges. The nomencature of the NM4 is: NC700J, just another member of the NC700 series of bikes. The DN-01 is what it is, there is no competition! If Honda had priced the DN-01 right when it first came out, we'd have more members on this forum!
Well, the forum members quantity is seems just OK. The HFT precursor was released in Honda's quads and the DCT is the new one, almost the same like VW DSG transmission. I've heard it's really faulty. What we have now, about transmission:
Pros:
1) Seamless shifting
2) The same cc and hp as most DCT bikes
3) Potentially more reliable design, tested for years on Honda ATV's and hydraulic auto cars.
Cons:
1) Probably, if you want REALLY more hp/tq/cc, the HFT size become too much for the bike or it just can't handle it.

I have 70000 km on my bike and I still have my oil clean after 5000km from oil change. Who did not bought DN, well, it's their troubles. DN was the first auto transmission bike, and I still think, the most reliable. It's always hard to be the first. But I count on it. I don't want to change DN on everything, include HD.

sinclair48K

Well, the forum members quantity is seems just OK. The HFT precursor was released in Honda's quads and the DCT is the new one, almost the same like VW DSG transmission. I've heard it's really faulty. What we have now, about transmission:
Pros:
1) Seamless shifting
2) The same cc and hp as most DCT bikes
3) Potentially more reliable design, tested for years on Honda ATV's and hydraulic auto cars.
Cons:
1) Probably, if you want REALLY more hp/tq/cc, the HFT size become too much for the bike or it just can't handle it.

I have 70000 km on my bike and I still have my oil clean after 5000km from oil change. Who did not bought DN, well, it's their troubles. DN was the first auto transmission bike, and I still think, the most reliable. It's always hard to be the first. But I count on it. I don't want to change DN on everything, include HD.
I completely agree, its only a shame Honda gave up on the HFT. But as I posted on another site I think the HFT was too much like a CVT transmission feel. DCT was more likely to be adopted by the geared bikers because it feels like a geared bike only automatic, rather than the constant seamless feel of the HFT.

som2002

I also have a 2014 ctx700 with DCT in addition to my dino in the garage, and I really like the DCT. Other than being chain drive it is a perfect bike. Honda's DCT has been around at least since the 2010 Honda vfr1200F sportbike, so really not that "new". And the ctx is far quicker than the dino is when racing them side by side :p

Gizmo

Site Suporter
I also have a 2014 ctx700 with DCT in addition to my dino in the garage, and I really like the DCT. Other than being chain drive it is a perfect bike. Honda's DCT has been around at least since the 2010 Honda vfr1200F sportbike, so really not that "new". And the ctx is far quicker than the dino is when racing them side by side :p

I couldn't agree with you more ... chain vs shaft and 500 lbs vs 600 lbs. CTX 700 probably has a higher top end too.

som2002

I couldn't agree with you more ... chain vs shaft and 500 lbs vs 600 lbs. CTX 700 probably has a higher top end too.
Plus at 64 mpgs (some forum guys are getting over 70mpgs...!) Honda has come up with another impressive bike.

gr2esiek

Definitely a backward step in my book. Has anyone tried DCT and liked it?
I try... and.. one word "shit". This is ordynary transmission with double clutch. Gears turn on with "click" and tug. I do not recommend.
In Dino we have HFT - this transmission dont have any gearwhells.

Regards
Gr2esiek

DammmDel

i had a demo on the ctx 1300 and to be honest i found it uncomfortable to ride. all you could see in the mirrors was my hands, its a bike i wont be buying anytime soon... im hoping the nme will be up for a demo ride soon :)

dndom

Gr2

Ooh how rude, but that's what I thought when I tried last year's DCT as well!

Last edited: