Topping up coolant & hydraulic brake fuid

dino one

Hi there
Has anyone found an easier way of topping up the coolant & hydraulic oil without spending 2 hours taking all the tuppaware off just to gain access. I noticed my bike was running hot on a ride out & the fan kept starting up every 10 minutes or so. When l got down to check the level of coolant it was on minimum & likewise with the hydraulic brake fluid. I put the bike in for its 6000km service 500km ago where these things should have been done but obviously they hadn't touched or inspected the levels. I will be taking it back to them but l would just like to know if there is an easier way just in case l have to do it in the future.
Cheers to all.
Paul
(Dino One)

Gundam

It is relatively easy and quick to remove the tupperware once you have done it a few times, I can remove all the necessary ones for maintenance within a few minutes... anyway, for filling of the rear brake fluid, no choice, have to remove the rear and front seats, right side mirror and the right upper cowl... but for the coolant, you can cut short one step by not removing the rear plate... just the two plastic fasteners under the rear mud guard on the right side... of course, you have to remove the upper passenger hand guard and the rear seat... just pull out the side cover but not too much, just enough for you to unscrew the coolant cap and fill it using a small funnel...

josmif

It is relatively easy and quick to remove the tupperware once you have done it a few times, I can remove all the necessary ones for maintenance within a few minutes... anyway, for filling of the rear brake fluid, no choice, have to remove the rear and front seats, right side mirror and the right upper cowl... but for the coolant, you can cut short one step by not removing the rear plate... just the two plastic fasteners under the rear mud guard on the right side... of course, you have to remove the upper passenger hand guard and the rear seat... just pull out the side cover but not too much, just enough for you to unscrew the coolant cap and fill it using a small funnel...
I found an easier way, I put water in with a sirenge from the expansion bottle pipe which ends
Near the side stand:)

Gundam

I found an easier way, I put water in with a sirenge from the expansion bottle pipe which ends
Near the side stand:)
Yeah... but you risks pushing any road grime and dirt that is inside the pipe into the reserve tank and ends up choking the radiator... since coolant loss is very minimal... taking apart the tupperware isn't done very often...