Transmission trouble

A13 Commuter

Hello all. I use my DN01 for my daily commute which now has over 34k miles on the clock. I parked the bike last Wednesday evening but come Thursday morning it is refusing to start. When you turn the key to fire her up the bike normal engages nueteral however she is now showing D on the display. As a result she will not start. My local Honda dealers where I bought the bike are not able to offer any advice other than it might be an ECU problem. Has only experienced anything like this in the past? Would anyone know if resetting the ECU is something that can be done by a home mechanic? Any thoughts appreciated. I need the bike back asap as I hate public transport!!!!

dndom

Did you switch it to neutral before switching off?. Try toggling the switch and checking the solenoid behind the R/H plastic engine cover.

Dino666

A13 don't worry it is just a random pain in the butt that happens from time to time with this bike. There is lots of tips on how to get the bike going on this site I'm sure one will work.
I do not know of anyone that actually had a "transmission failure" that needed a new transmission.

Rus

It is necessary to charge the battery well, if it is already holding the charge poorly, replace it. This is one of the reasons

spamer80

Nd solenoid valve lock. Check blinking dtc code, open service manual at page 11-26, then you probably get error code 14, one long 4 short blinks, then open manual at page 11-34 and follow the procedure. Or go to your dealer and show this service manual to them. Congratulations, you're 4th this month. Ensure that your battery is good and holding charge properly.
If you still want to start the engine, turn the key on, press the engine killswitch to terminate engine connection. Hold the starter button and while holding the starter button, press killswitch off. The bike should start and when it does, when you'll get the oil flow in solenoid, it will let you ride.

Last edited: