Well...a bit of failure.

spamer80

As I mentiod before, well...
Seems like my DN failed something. At first the sympthoms appeared at the beginning of the year. First of all it sometimes stopped engine when was in neutral and on the sidestand. 45 _ blinks. No problem here, just turn it off and on. Dut a few month ago sometimes my DN started to stuck at D mode when I tried to switch to neutral before parking. If I tried to hold N button, then _ symbol appeared under D letter like this D and blinked. it was cured by switching on/off ignition. Okay. But today anything seemed ok from the morning. I parked, returned and found that my DN rpm after start is a bit high (about 1400). But weather is a bit cold today and I left it for amount of time, maybe just engine is cold I thought. I was wrong. During the ride back rpm hardly dropped 2000 and if I don`t use brakes, my DN refused to stop. A clanky sound appeared from first cyliner and I`ve got a few times the underlined D appeared (9 blinks). DN became really hot and really hard or even impossible to start until it cooled down. I somehow gone it to service at about 20-30 km/h and 2000rpm (not official, just my friends who always serviced my DN). Let you know about future details.

Some data:
About 90000km odo
Motul 7100 10W40 and both filters every 10000
K&N air filter
I have made the tool to read errors etc.
PGM-FI errors 9 and 23 (engine blinks)
HFT 45 and 9 errors (display _ readout)
26000km city riding this year

Last edited:

spamer80

Everything seems to be ok more or less. The coolant hose near the pump exploded from inside, that lead to loss of all coolant then because the heat sensor is near thermostat it could not detect overheating and injector thought that bike is just started and totally cold. This lead to higher (up to 2000) rpm and caused more overheating and inability to shift from N to D. The overheating caused the oil and spark plug degradation to pitch-black state. Also seems that overheating caused the HFT problem 45 and underlined D. This is still unsolved as for as PGM-FI errors 9 and 23.
But the bike now seems to be OK and fully driveable.