Where was your last ride?

DNSarnia

My last ride - 2016-11-29

to the bike shop for winter lay-up, tune-up, and new tires. I'll see her again in the spring.

Gizmo

Site Suporter
Christmas Eve 190 miles (round trip) ride: Headed south via I-95 to St Augustine hooking up with an 'old' meetup riding group. I hadn't ridden with them in 4-5 years. Our leader rides a HD trike that he's had for YEARS! 11 bikes strong: a few HDs, a pair of Triumphs, a Spyder and, of course, Honda was well represented. We made our way down to Daytona, taking the LONG way around. Ending up at the Pirana Grille on US 1, the 'usual' eating spot for the group: the Ancient City Cruisers. I had a burger and fries, my usual. Temps were in the low 80's, great riding weather for the day BEFORE Christmas. Life IS good!

Andeo

19 dec Budva, i was stopped TWICE by road police just for one question - girl do u want a cup of hot coffee??

+12 day, +3 at night

really I like police officers in CrnaGora.

Last edited:

Gizmo

Site Suporter
Renegades on the River

It's been quite a while since i posted any rides (6 months), has it really been that long? I have been riding a lot in the meantime though. I find that I only take the DN-01 out for special occasions and to show it off. (Still a GREAT conversation piece, to say the least). I have been running the bike but just haven't posted any of the rides that I went on. Saturday morning left the house for a quick ride with a few friends to Renegades on the River here in Florida, about 80 miles. 5 bikes (3 women and 2 guys) and hot as hell out! Last week it rained EVERY day and we are talking MAJOR rain squalls .... I'm surprised my house didn't float away! So Saturday's ride was a welcomed change. It was a straight shot down US 17 and a quick right onto CR 308 and we were there. It was a beautiful place, primarily designed for boaters to pull up and eat. And i guess a great spot for riders for I saw A LOT of bikes there too, primarily Harleys. Had my usual: burger and fries AND plenty of water. Our Road Captain stayed behind and I was elected to lead us back ... quite simple since we only rode 2 roads to get there. Rain is forecast for ALL of next week too ... RATS!

spitfire_pt

hi all,

i´ve been riding all weekends, done 8.000kms in the last 3 months.
you can follow my events on my youtube channel (Spitfire PT)

Now with summer hope to do lots more, just last weekend did around 350kms.

Keep in mind Portugal is small :)

Regards

Gizmo

Site Suporter
hi all,

i´ve been riding all weekends, done 8.000kms in the last 3 months.
you can follow my events on my youtube channel (Spitfire PT)

Now with summer hope to do lots more, just last weekend did around 350kms.

Keep in mind Portugal is small :)

Regards

How times around Portugal to get 350kms?

Gizmo

Site Suporter
Portugal is only around 750kms from North to South and 280kms from East to West.

not hard to do 350kms on a weekend, its a two way trip since i always have to return home kkkkkk

Just messing with ya ... glad you ride a lot. Looks like a great crew you ride with .... ENJOY!

Gizmo

Site Suporter
The weather is stinko so far . One ride to Altoona so far .

Quality rides are what counts, the number of rides don't really matter ... they lose their meaning/fun after a while. FAMILY time is what's MOST important! Don't rush ... the roads aren't going away!

Gizmo

Site Suporter
Hooked up with 14 scooter riders today (Sunday) for a "hot" leisurely, 2 hour tour of a few back roads along the Atlantic Coast ending up at Flagler Beach's Hidden Treasure Raw Bar and Grill. Them scooters sure do set a good pace to run with plus being older riders makes the rides that much BETTER! Had a fantastic time gabbing and the food was awesome and cheap. On the way back, by myself, I was able to "open her up" dodging 4 wheeled vehicles on Interstate 95 reaching speeds in excess of 100 mph which surprised me that I was going THAT fast, beats getting run over! She likes to hum right along! (She's a keeper!) Caught a few showers on the way back too ... but bone dry by the time I got home though. Time for her to take a nap and hook up to the battery tender now.

Gizmo

Site Suporter
Left early this morning for a 100+ mile ride with a few scooter riders to Georgia. Our destination was K & C's Oak Tree Cafe, in St. George, GA. Leaving Florida, the weather was great but shortly thereafter it had other ideas. We encountered 2 major rain squalls on the way, another one as we were leaving ... we sat that one out and 2 more on our way home. And me with NO rain gear, like where was I supposed to have stowed it! Sad to say, I was SOAKED, water in my boots and all. Next time I will take a look at the weather map, especially Georgia because Florida's forecast was suppose to have been good. Weather man screwed up BIG TIME!

Pebbles

Hi all, it's been awhile since I last updated our rides and the status of my wife's Dino. Currently we're in route to Brampton, Ontario Canada for a weekend ride with our extended motorcycle family. Saturday morning 8/5 we depart from the Brampton Marriott around 8 or 9 for an all day roughly out towards the Blue Mountains. I think there's 1 or 2 Dino's in the Toronto area so feel free contact me or just show up if interested.

Otherwise we've had trips out to SW Pennsylvania near Uniontown; a ride from North East Maryland down to The Cape May ferry and over to Wildwood NJ; rode down to Bryson City North Carolina and rode the Blue Ridge Parkway (and of course the Dragon); a weekend group ride based out of Williamsburg, Virginia which included another ferry ride and a visit to the actual tribal reservation where Pocohantas married Capt John Smith; and lots of local rides picking up stamps in our Virginia Motorcycle Grand Tour "passport" books.

Pebbles' Dino now has 68,500+ miles and is running pretty good. It does have a bearing rattle in the transmission at idle which the local Honda shop says would be too expensive to open and repair. That was 17,000 miles ago and it still runs. I've just replaced the front right brake pads, the left side and rear still have some life left.

In September (9th) there's another ride based out of Hagerstown, Maryland. Our travel season closes out with a group ride in Crystal Beach, North Carolina (Elizabeth City) Oct 14th.

We hope everyone is getting plenty of miles of smiles on the bikes this year!

Terran Sin
Travel Coordinator and Parking Valet for Pebbles

zebra03

Have finally gotten a few rides in here in ol' Blighty (Pa) . Would love to find a gang like Gizmo does . For now just me and my posse . Mrs Z !

Gizmo

Site Suporter
Have finally gotten a few rides in here in ol' Blighty (Pa) . Would love to find a gang like Gizmo does . For now just me and my posse . Mrs Z !

With your "assortment' of toys, I would imagine that you can ride with just about ANYONE! My problem is that where I live (Florida), the riding season is very extensive and A LOT of people are going the bike/scooter route. At least you have Mrs Z to ride with you, Mrs G has NEVER ridden with me these past 30+ years! (It does get LONELY!)

Last edited:

Gizmo

Site Suporter
Sunday, 8/13/17, make up with a few friends (11) and headed north to St Mary's, Georgia for lunch at Bessie's Cafe. The weather was great, not a rain cloud ANYWHERE with the temperatures rising QUICKLY! Eddie, our Road Captain, took the scenic route using as many back roads as possible since the ride was to a spot just over the Florida/Georgia border which wasn't all that far from Jacksonville to begin with. Best $6 burger and fries I've had in a LONG time! Came back the short way (direct route via I-95) leaving my riding companions (a pair of Harleys) WAY behind. I was having a ball weaving around the traffic at a SUBSTANTIAL speed! Love my Dino ... she DOES what I ask of her!