Where was your last ride?

zebra03

Had a real nice ride , me and Mrs Z . River Road and Cooks Forest and Cleercreek all included . Had a nice dinner as well . Our Dino is coming up on 24,000 miles and is really still tight . Amazing

Gizmo

Site Suporter
The Shrimp Boat ~ Horseshoe Beach

Long ride yesterday, 137 miles/2 !/2 hours in the saddle. Was going to use my Yamaha YZF-R3, sport bike it, but as luck would have it ... I believe the battery is toast! Went to my trusty Dino (always keep her on a trickle charger) and away we went. Left fairly early, about 9:30 with a group of 10 and picked up 3 more en route. The Road Captain took us on quite a few windy roads, enabling me to "drag" the running boards A LOT! Thank God we did NOT encounter any sand! Ended up on the west coast of Florida, at the end of a 2 lane road which ended at the water. The restaurant and food was great. Started a new thing ... ordered a fish sandwich instead of my usual burger. Need to eat healthier now! The return trip was shorter AND quicker by about 90 minutes, was able to opened up the 'little puppies" too! (Hitting triple digits a few times)

Last edited:

Overthehill

Take care over there team.
Hope the weather has calmed down a bit, although it looks like Maria might be heading your way!!!
Good luck and enjoy the riding while the weather holds
Cheers
Pete

pjwillact

Just recently I rode my DIno from Canberra to Newcastle (Oz). About 500klms. I'm working here for a month and last weekend went for a beautiful Sunday ride through the Hunter Valley. 200k perfect Spring weather. Love it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gizmo

Site Suporter
Scooter day ride

Yesterday, took a little middle of the week ride. Usually my scooter buddies have a few rides during the week so I hooked up with them yesterday morning for a luncheon ride down south to a sandwich shop. The direct distance wasn't that long but we took a leisurely route, taking us about 90 minutes using a few back roads. The eatery was jamming (packed constantly), luckily, we made reservations ahead of time. BIG sandwiches too. Most of us headed back together but I stopped off at a Indian dealership to sit on a few of their Indian Scout bikes. I liked them A LOT but I already have a cruiser, my Dino, so THAT didn't quite work out! (I LOVE her TOO MUCH besides where will I ever find another one!)

Last edited:

Gizmo

Site Suporter
Hooked up yesterday with a few of my scooter buddies. We rode to the Blue Angels air show nearby. The weather was great considering that we are in Florida. We got there about 10 AM, the show started at 10:30 and ended about 4. We weren't disappointed, it was AWESOME! (But I am totally happy keeping MY feet on the ground though)

zebra03

I think riding is done for this year . I need to retire and and get to some serious riding . hahahaha. I wish .

Gizmo

Site Suporter
Back with the scooter crew

With the weather getting better/nicer, I hooked up with the local scooter riders (12) (7 Bridges Scooter Club) for a Sunday luncheon. We spent 2 hours roving the back roads of North Florida making our way to Fernandina Beach. Brett's Waterway Café was our destination and it was well worth the ride. Temps were in the 80's and the seafood was delicious. Came back on my own and gave the Dino a GOOD workout (100+ mph) on a few long stretches. I hope she enjoyed it, I know I did!

Last edited:

RIDER-59

Good Question for the group. Logging our trips might bring a little more activity to the board?

JoAnn & I rode yesterday here in the Ozarks, her on her DN-01 & me on my XR-650L. We stopped by Sunrise Honda at Searcy, where they did the service letter of the spark plug cap replacements on her DN-01. The ride was 161 miles total, in great weather, temp in the upper 60's, fall colors just wonderful, also had a great lunch at Colton's in Searcy.
Last ride was January 27th, 2018.
Out for the day with two friends.
Sydney to Katoomba to Oberon to Goulburn back to Sydney.
Between Oberon and Goulburn we got hit by a freak storm. I came off the road on a gentle right hander covered in water. Went down a small embankment into some tall dry grass. Hidden in the grass was a very large rock. Got the front wheel around it but nothing else back from the rear break pedal. Don't remember what happened after that. Mates took 30 minutes to find me flat on my belly and falling in and out of consciousness. Due to remote crash scene, it took 75 minutes for the Ambulance Paramedics to arrive. (Rescue helicopter couldn't come due to severe weather). After assessment, I was driven by ambulance to nearest Hospital...75 minutes away and with neck brace on as well as some pain relief for the trip. Got into Hospital immediately and had full body MRI. Incredibly nothing broken and no internal damages. Only a bad concussion. My Shoei Neotech saved me from a lot worse as well as wearing all the right gear. I was allowed to leave the Hospital the next day. Took a week off.
Saw my bike about 10 days later. Shattered - me and the bike. It had obviously nosed dived and threw me away...about 8M+ I was told. The right hand side of the bike was an absolute mess. Insurance Company wrote it off. Now one less DN-01 in Australia out of the 83 that came here originally.
Finally I'm ready mentally to go riding again. Big problem is what to buy next. Might wait for the new NC750XD to arrive here...or buy another DN-01. Not sure yet?

Overthehill

Hi R59,
Sorry to hear about your accident.
Glad you're recovering well.
Glad to see you're still interested in riding.
I had a couple of freak weather events a few years back while I was living in Wollongong.
One wet....no.....floodlike!!! the other windy (100kph+)
I'm here to tell you that GSXR600's do not like wet weather and Ducati 1098's do not like crosswinds.
Anyways, if you're still interested in a dino check out my ad in "for sale" section or on Gumtree.
PM me if you are interested
Good luck going forward
Cheers
Pete

spamer80

Everything ends. And here ends our journey with DN-01. The our last ride was from Saint-Petersburg to Moscow where she was sold. Then I`ve bought XLX 1000 there and rode back from Moscow to Saint-Petersburg in the same day.
Anyway, I`m still here and will be.

Vladislav

У меня была пару дней назад поездка из Москвы в Донецк(Украина). Дорога составила около 1200 км в одну сторону. Это первая моя такая дальняя поездка, в сторону Донецка доехал без происшествий. А вот обратно уже хуже... В Воронеже, не доезжая 500 км до Москвы у меня стали зашкаливать обороты и не набиралась скорость... Довезли на эвакуаторе до Москвы... Вот теперь сижу и думаю как решить эту поломку...

Dino666

Sorry to see your DN-01 out of the forum, will the new owner join? Will you continue to help us out here?
Hope you stay on the forum your posts have been very useful!

zebra03

Hey everyone . Been awhile since I posted . Mrs Z has 25,000 miles on the DN-01 . Bike is so sound yet . We really enjoy it .