Wind Screens for DN-01

bdavis1

Givi screen hole

I put the Givi windscreen on my bike and it has greatly improved the ride of the bike. Highway speeds are no longer a chore.

As for the hole where the euro passing light goes. If anything, this whole would reduce buffeting....although there is some to deal with for me (I'm 6'00"). Buffeting is caused by a vacuum developing behind the windshield from the deflection of the air. This causes the air from behind you, which is at a higher pressure, to rush through the back of your head/body towards the vacuum. That small whole at the bottom actually lets a little bit of air in that raises the air pressure behind the screen therefore making the pressure difference less acute.

I do not feel any actual wind coming from that area directly.

Dale M

Has anyone tried the MRA X-CREEN from twistedthrottle.com! Its 6 inches high by 15 inches wide and clamps to the top of your windshield or you can drill holes. It would give you added wind protection but if you have a Givi like I do, I'm wondering if it would bend enough to be attached. It looks like it would be ok

Dale M

Finally got out the Laminar Lip I ordered last fall. Its probably meant to be mounted to the oem windshield but I attached it to the very top of my Givi windshield and it gives me 4 more inches of wind protection. I can just barely see over the top but to my surprise, this thing actually works. Always lots of wind in my face riding around town. No more.. its definitely not a fashion statement but it does the job. Since I doubt I will ever find a full windshield for it, its probably going to stay unless say the full windshield from a Honda CTX700 is compatible with it which I doubt.;)

RIDER-59

PUIG screen - not suitable for ALL DN01s

Just got a PUIG screen through the Australian Distributor who ordered it through the USA and that came from Europe. It is unsuitable for the "U" version of the DN-01 as it is "short at the leading edge" where the "extra light" is fitted to the European versions.

So, don't buy a screed from PUIG or GIVI if you're in Australia unless you want to ride around with a big triangular hole at the base of your screen - a perfect ingress point for dust, moisture and worst of all, insects.

Oh, by the way, the Distributor has agreed to credit me the A$240 it cost once I return the screen to them intact. They admit the screen is not suited to the DN-01 here in Australia.

Buyer beware!

senior

Puig windscreen option

Hi, you may find some information on the Puig option under: Dn-01 General Discussion/ New Givi Winscreen