CTX700 compared to DN-01

gsjo

Looking for a dct lower seat bike for the wife. Have not been able to find a DN-01 for her to set on. Is there any similarity in seating and handle bar position
on the CTX700. Before I do a 6 hr drive to look at a DN-01 one that is for sale.I would like an Idea on the seating.
thanks Joe

Gizmo

Site Suporter
Looking for a dct lower seat bike for the wife. Have not been able to find a DN-01 for her to set on. Is there any similarity in seating and handle bar position
on the CTX700. Before I do a 6 hr drive to look at a DN-01 one that is for sale.I would like an Idea on the seating.
thanks Joe

I personally believe she will be happier with the CTX 700 in the long run. Nothing against the DN-01 but, in my opinion, the CTX 700 is an improvement on the DN-01 in A LOT of areas.

Gizmo

Site Suporter
What is improved. The no hassle shaft drive and integrated brakes are appealing for her

Okay, she has brought up some valid points BUT maintenance costs will be considerably HIGHER IF she decides to take it to Honda for it's routine service. (Mainly because of the labor costs to take off the plastic which covers EVERYTHING) Getting parts for the bike since it was only here in the States one year might come into play also. Plus VERY few Honda service departments have ever SEEN let alone WORKED on a DN-01 here in the States.
IF she decides to get the bike, she WILL be happy with it ... it is a fine well engineered bike. I just wanted to let you know some of the areas that you just might have concerns about.
Keep us posted as to her and your decision. I recommend doing a comparison of specs between the 2 bikes and see if that helps in your(s) decision.

L

Liraninc

May be selling mine!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

spamer80

I personally believe she will be happier with the CTX 700 in the long run. Nothing against the DN-01 but, in my opinion, the CTX 700 is an improvement on the DN-01 in A LOT of areas.
CTX1300 does, CTX700 does not. Chain? No way.

Gizmo

Site Suporter
CTX1300 does, CTX700 does not. Chain? No way.

CTX1300 does what? Have a shaft vice chain? A shaft does rob you of power and the CTX1300 isn't really that 'great' a bike considering it was 'suppose' to be the next 'step' to the ST1300.

spamer80

I`m still thinking that CTX700 is not an improvement. Yes, I don`t like chain drive. All this maintenance, lubricating etc. In-line engine also.
CTX1300 has V4 engine and shaft and it should be easier even to access cam chain etc. I`m going to check it on my DN and it seems like pain in the ass to access front cylinder.
And well, I don`t give a fuck bout power :)

Gizmo

Site Suporter
I`m still thinking that CTX700 is not an improvement. Yes, I don`t like chain drive. All this maintenance, lubricating etc. In-line engine also.
CTX1300 has V4 engine and shaft and it should be easier even to access cam chain etc. I`m going to check it on my DN and it seems like pain in the ass to access front cylinder.
And well, I don`t give a fuck bout power :)

Whatever floats your bubble! I had several Magna V4s over the years ... smooth running and good performance. But for some reason, when I was looking for a 'sportier' bike I forgot about the VFRs and thus I ended up with a Yamaha R3, instead of buying from Honda. IF I had to do it again, I'd have gotten a '98-01 VFR800FI to put in the garage!