Givi Top box plate installation - HELP!!!

cmavante

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone here can help. I've recently installed the Givi side bags on my Dino. I bought a top box as well. However, I can't seem to get the mounting plate for the top box mounted to the rack. It doesn't even come close to lining up with the holes on the rack. I am pretty sure the side rack (which is also the rack for the top box) is mounted correctly as the side bags fit perfectly. Its just this silly top plate that won't line up on the rack. I've tried loosening up the whole rack to see if I can force it through some manipulation to fit, but again, not even close. I've checked to make sure I have the correct mounting plate and it appears to be correct. The plate is the Givi m5m and the mounting rack is the FZ265. I even bought a universal plate, but ran into the same problem. Has a anyone else run into this issue? I keep thinking i must be missing something obvious, but I even brought in my neighbor who is a stellar mechanic and neither of us can figure it out. I'd welcome thoughts from anyone who has mounted this system on to their bike. Thanks!

SARider

Sorry, no. All fitted perfectly. I even have the OEM backrest combinde with Givi rack - still fits.
Hi spamer80 would be very keen to see a pic of that set-up , I just emailed Givi to ask if that very solution worked ok and they replied i could not fit top box mount with the OEM passenger backrest (i only want side bags but you need both lots of hardware) - if yours works ok i'm going to go ahead and order it anyway Cheers SARider

spamer80

I don't know when I will come to garage to make a pictures but I have a small handmade plate which moves the Givi monokey plate backward for a few cm. The 265FZ, PLX204 and everything else is on the same place as it should be. You will need 2 longer screws (number 6 in 265FZ installation manual) because the backrest and 265FZ uses the same holes in the DN-01 frame.

Last edited: