Hi everybody

martin@swad

Just a quick hello. Picked up my 09 DN-01 yesterday and rode it 120mls home. Performed faultlessly and I'm seriously impressed. This ones been repainted in Honda red, the first owner didn't like the colour, custom seat, aftermarket exhaust, heated grips/seat and all sorts of lights. Going for another ride now and then an evenings polishing:):):):)
Martin

Gizmo

Site Suporter
Congrats. I though the red color that it came in was a "Honda Red," at least for the DN-01.

Last edited:

martin@swad

yes I bought it from eBay Item no. 111188305070. As a practising technophobe I find it impossible to post pics:confused::confused::confused:Maybe it will still show on eBay or I'll ask the grandkids if they'll do it later.:):):):):)

Last edited:

SARider

Welcome Martin, I'm a newbie too so be keen to hear more of your DN-01 views - if your'e liking yours as much as I like mine congratulations on a good choice!
SARider

martin@swad

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody. SARider: first impressions are very favourable, can't find anything wrong with the bike, I just need to get my riding position correct and get used to the lack of a clutch lever. I rode 150miles and felt a little achy, but maybe that's just being a bit tense as it's a new bike and I'm not familiar with it yet. Initial thoughts are, my reaction time is improved by not having to think about clutch and gear change and the bike is fast enough to keep in front of the traffic without scaring the **** out of me.

SARider

I found the riding position changed once i put on the Laminar Lip - found wind pressure pushed me backwards and I was always rotating on bum/hip axis even my feet were not planted properly on the footboards. Once the Lip was installed all wind pressure was removed from my chest I was able to relax into a proper riding position, seat became comfortable, arms returned to normal length! I generally felt much more firmly planted on the bike. I was sure when I picked it up it was a good machine, but I was only sure I could enjoy riding after the Lip went on - my first ride was 750 kms (470 miles) and by the time I got home I was hurting...

martin@swad

Got the Puig touring screen fitted so no wind pressure issues. I'm sure its just a case of finding out how to sit correctly, and all will be good.:)

tlyons

Just a quick hello. Picked up my 09 DN-01 yesterday and rode it 120mls home. Performed faultlessly and I'm seriously impressed. This ones been repainted in Honda red, the first owner didn't like the colour, custom seat, aftermarket exhaust, heated grips/seat and all sorts of lights. Going for another ride now and then an evenings polishing:):):):)
Martin

Your bike.

Attachments

horobags

Very nice martin, nice colour, plus seat, exhaust, good mods. Whereabouts in derbyshire are you?, I often visit matlock, ashbourne, buxton.

martin@swad

Hi,
Bit further South, Swadlincote in the New National Forest, though I like to ride round the Peak District too, although the policing sometimes is a bit severe down the A6 and the average speed camera's up to the Cat and Fiddle spoil things. Loving the DN, went up to Clay Cross in the rain on Friday, found the weather protection very good, only got wet elbows (my own fault for not stopping to put my waterproofs on:eek::eek::eek::eek:), so Puig screen gets a recommendation from me. Left the bike in Drive and didn't have any twitchy moments in spite of the surface water and wet leaf soup. Let me know if you are down this way again and maybe meet up at Matlock Bath, seeing 2 DN's together will have people checking the quality of their beer:):):):)

horobags

Theres a meeting at the salt box transport cafe next sunday at 11am for auto/maxis, I cant make it but my mate alan who pickes his dn01 up on saturday is arranging it, pop down if its near you, they are a friendly bunch.

martin@swad

Got family visiting this weekend, but I'll try and sneak out for an hour. The Salt Box is only about 10 miles away from me.

martin@swad

Met up with the guys at the Salt Box today. Had a brew and a natter. Could you send me a link to the website as i can't seem to find it:confused:

horobags

No problem martin, its maxi-muppets.co.uk
Hope you had a good ride, picked up my dino yesterday, the dealer said new tyres were on order, but I couldnt wait, I love it, but the tyres are worse than they look, and I didnt want to go to far today after 65 miles yesterday, riding round cold damp bends with knackered tyres is no fun. We have lots of rideouts so hope to see you on the next one.;)

horobags

Hi martin, just been looking at the exhaust on your dn01 on the muppets pictures from sunday, was it on when you bought it? What make is it??

martin@swad

The exhaust came with the bike. It's an 'Original Motion' made by guang rong!(if my mate from Wigan said that it would sound like' going wrong':D) and appears well made, and makes a nice noise in my opinion, but ask the others who were there when I rode off for confirmation. :D
I put maxi-muppets in my search engine and could only find utube video's. I think I tried every combination but still couldn't find the site.

I've found the mm site now thanks.

Last edited: