Hi There from a member in Perth

dino one

Hi,
My name is Paul & l own a red DN01.
I live in Perth Australia & l am looking for other owner / riders in my area.
I bought my Dino just before Christmas & its brilliant. I have been riding bikes for about 50 years and dont think l will ever stop. The Dino suits me ideal as l have pain in my left wrist when clutching to change gear & now dont have to. Interested to know if there are any other Dino owners down hear in Perth but be great to talk to proud owners anywhere in the world.

Kind regards to you all
From Paul (Dino One)

xjraus

hi paul i live in Baldivis i just got the dn01 8 weeks love the bike its another red one should try and catch up Jim

Redn01

Hi Paul...that was a good play on the DN-01 in calling yourself dino one :)
Welcome I have a red one too I live in Canberra.
James

dino one

Wow great news!!!!

Hi Jim 1 & Jim 2
nice to hear from you both. Jim 1 from Baldivis. I live in Ellenbrook which is not far from you so yep it would be great to catch up sometime. I think l seen you not so long ago coming off Roe Hwy into Clayton street, l was in my car so l couldn't catch up. My mobile phone number is 0403 124827 so give me a call when you can. Jim 2, thanks for your post & its great to know theres not just me that owns a Dino. It would also be great if you lived a little nearer to Jim 1 and me & not 4.5 thousand Ks away but hey you never know we could arrange something & meet up in the middle sometime.
Anyway just got home from work & about to have my dinner.
Please keep in touch

Paul ( Dino One )

SARider

Hi Paul just joined the DN-01 club! Picked up my red one yesterday first ride was from Burnie in Tas to (via ferry to Melb) Adelaide 770 kms. Got to know the bike pretty well and I think we'll be together for quite few years. That is after I fix the screen which is horrible... rode the first 200kms with a very strong cross wind at 110 on the freeway - needed a lay down after that part :)

dino one

Exhaust Modification

Hi fellow dn01 owners. I have just made a modification to my exhaust which has made one hell of a difference both to the sound and performance without spoiling the original look of the bike. What l have done is this. Basically cut the overall length of the muffler down to 265mm. This is how I did it. First step. Remove the muffler from the bike. Measure 265mm from the end of the muffler ( Engine end ) and mark with marker pen. This is the moment when you need a lot of nerve. Secure the muffler in a bench vice and cut through the complete muffler on the accurate 265mm marker line you have made. When you have completed the cut through you will find that there is an internal silencer box inside the outer stainless steel casing with three tubes in the end. Two 40mm and one 20mm tube in the centre of the inner box. This tube is the same tube that is visable at the end of your full length muffler and continues through and is welded to the inner silencer box as described. I then cut out the 20mm tube completely from the inner box opening the hole to 40mm and replacing the 20mm tube with a 40x55mm stainless tube which was welded into the 40mm hole. Put the muffler to one side and then take the waste end of the remaining piece of the muffler and you will see that the end cap is held on by three spot welds. Carefully grind these welds off and remove the end cap. Once you have done this you can dispose of the waste end of the muffler. Take the muffler end cap and you will find that it fits perfectly over the end of the modified shortened muffler which can then be re-spot welded to retain it in position. Refit the completed modified muffler to the bike as usual. I found that the appearance of the shortened muffler looks far better than any after market muffler that l have seen on the net and the sound of the engine by increasing the outlet tube bore from 20mm to 40mm is just awesome. The other benefit of doing this mod is now having total access to the rear wheel and brake area for cleaning and parts replacement. When l get the chance l will post a photo so you can see the improvement. Please ask any questions. Stay safe and upright. Regards. Dino one

Eddie g

Eddie g

Hi from sunny baldivis western australia
i own a Black dino which has 14000 km on the clock(2009 model) i bought it a few months ago but have not done many kms on it
As i was getting ready to retire i bought a Triumph America but after about 20 minutes my lower back started to ache and i found it hard to reach the gear pedal so i took it in to get shortend while there i spotted the dino and fell for it straight away i only had the trumpie 2 months so i did a straight swap as i had had an eye operation i had not done many kms the dino felt just like my chair at home , and i have not done a 1000kms yet i have just put new tyres on /battery/and a Givi top box my mate and i useualy go out on sundays and catch up with other bike riders when we stop for coffee
and thats it Cheers to you all and go LIVERPOOL FC

Gizmo

Site Suporter
Now I know where all the DN-01s are ... they are in Australia. Here in the States, I rarely see a DN-01 on the road or for sale. This one of the reasons I'm leery about have any Honda dealerships here work on my bike ... the mechanics have NO experience working on a DN-01 because they are so rare! Dino One, I applaude your ingenuity in modifying your exhaust, good thinking!

DeeWhyDN

Any answers or comments?

Great to hear of so many Dino riders out there! A question for those of you who are mechanically minded (unlike myself!!).
Two days ago I went to a Honda Dealership to grab a 'Pink Slip' road worthy certificate to renew my NSW registration. (The 2008 model bike is spotless, done just 4000K).
To my surprise, the salesman was adamant that the 6000K service is overdue due to the bikes age and then went on to identify a piece of surface rust on the front forks - which had apparently ruptured the rubber seals and hence would need to be replaced asap. (I couldn't actually see any rust). He then proceeded to advise that the expected cost of this repair would be $700!
Suffice to say, I went to a local mechanic and had the bike "pass" with flying colours!
One final question guys, how many K's do you typically get for a tank of petrol? I only seem to be getting around 19K's per litre which would equate to around 280K's per tank. (city riding). Is this normal or a little flat?

Cheers.
DeeWhyDN (Paul)

jamym

One final question guys, how many K's do you typically get for a tank of petrol? I only seem to be getting around 19K's per litre which would equate to around 280K's per tank. (city riding). Is this normal or a little flat?
(Paul)
Hi Paul, nice to see a fellow northern suburbs owner!

I gotta say the mileage on this bike is not fantastic. I get much less than that. I get around 220kms per tank before I refuel. I haven't pushed it beyond this as the last bar starts blinking around 160km! The gauge on this bike is really bad. The first bar disappears around 4km, the second around 20km and so on. I'm not sure if this is normal or just my bike. I bought it last year with around 7,500kms and it was in immaculate condition.

As for the pink slip, yeah sounds very dodgy to me. Which dealer was this so I can keep a look out as I am due for the 12K major service shortly.

Cheers
Richard.

Gizmo

Site Suporter

Cheers.
DeeWhyDN (Paul)

At 60 mile/100K, my gauge reads half (3 bars), about 80 miles/120K later, I only lose 1 bar. It's not the MOST accurate gauge! I have run my DN-01 to 200 miles/330K before refueling but I think I was definitely running on fumes (fuel light blinking like crazy). Most my riding is in the city @ 40 mph/60 kph. I average about 50 mpg/80 kpg whether I ride in the city or on the highway.

SirLoinOfBeef

At the risk of dragging up an old thread, I too live in Perth and just got home from picking up my new (pre-owned) DN-01. Lots of fun, and so easy to ride! Very happy with my new purchase.

DeeWhyDN

Honda Dealership

Hi Richard,
I agree with the comment on a dodgy fuel gauge. Seems to drop the first three bars prior to 80K's then steady's out.
As for the Dealership - Sydney City at Lane Cove/Epping.
A family business in Brookvale has been brilliant (APW Motorcycles) which will happily recommend. :rolleyes: