Honda dealership says uhhhhh....

therustyaxe

Funny little story,

Honda's headquarters directs me to one of the larger Honda dealerships in Southern California for a possible warranty issue. I call up their service dept. and this is basically how the call goes.

Me: Hi, I would like to bring in a Honda DN-01 for an inspection.

Technician: Uhhh, what kind of bike?

Me: A 2009 Honda DN 01. Also known as a NSA700.

Tech: Um, what is that? Is it an import?

Me: Uh yeah ... it's made by HONDA, so it's an import!

Tech: What kind of bike again?

Me: (deep breath) a HONDA DN-01!

Tech: Hold on (covers phone with hand, muffled talking)

Tech: What year?

Me: 2009.

Tech: And it's a DN uhhhhhhhhhhh.

Me: A DN-01 or NSA700.

Tech: (covers phone again and more muffled talking).

Tech: Um ......... uhhhhhhh, (typing on keyboard like a mad man) I .........
I'm afraid we can't service that. We don't know what it is and have never seen one. You can bring it in though and we'll take a look at it.

Me: Hmm, Ok, I'll see what I can do.

Click. WOW! This dealership has been around for at least 40 years? Sure I'll bring my rare machine in for you to tare it apart. LOL!

"At *******, our highly skilled, Factory Trained Technicians are ready to meet your vehicle's service and repair needs."

I thought it was funny and had to share. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

spamer80

Bad news for you. Download the service manual and DIY -) Or print and take it to your dealer as a present -)

spamer80

This will be a 80lvl trolling. Good luck! And don't forget "With best wishes from DN-01 community" sticker -)

therustyaxe

What ya think? Do I dare post the phone number so ALL in the US can call to have their DN-01 serviced? Hmmmm ... me thinks about it.

Trolling them is fare game. I guess their "Factory trained techs" where trained the day after Honda made the bike. LOL!

nyparrothead

Welcome to the world of Mother Honda's dealer network.. 99% of them suck and hire kids off the street to work on our bikes.... On Long Island there are several dealers and the service dept at everyone looks like a dirty $hithole. There is only 1 factory certified tech here and he is more of an overseer now...

If Honda really cared they would regulate these places and start dropping them if they didn't clean up their act... Unfortunately, that will never happen

Mark

zebra03

That is too bad . My Honda dealer in Altoona is very good . They even have glass all around the service shop so you can see them work on your machine .

Last edited:

dkenney

Sounds rediculus. The Honda service department in Portland is very good. Well trained technicians.

Vtdn01

My other bike is a BMW all the techs are well trained an in uniforms and you can see in the repair area also they have every tool you can think of for the bike. than again you pay a premium price for this but the bike is always perfect.
To bad Honda doesn't have there dealers have to live up to certain standards such as BMW. good thing most Honda are bullet proof.

Vtdn01

service dino/beemer

The honda is at Ronnies in Bennington Vt about 20 miles from where we live and the BMW from Max BMW Troy NY about 45 miles from us.,