Is It Normal?

realduff

Trying to find out if a few things are normal, or should it go to the dealer before the warranty expires.

As a service manager for an automobile dealer, I constantly have to explain that some things a person notices when driving is normal for thier type of vehicle or thier driving style. I am sure the same can be said for motocycles.
Particularly one as unique as the DN-01.

What are you experiencing when riding the DN-01 ?

allsmiles277

So far I like the DN-01

This is one of my first bikes and so far I like it. The automatic transmission makes it easier for a new person to concentrate on balancing the bike and watching out for problems ahead of you instead of having to learn how to change gears. I let a Harley Super Glide Custom sit in a garage over a year because I was scared of it. I just took the Harley out since my DN-01 was at the dealer for the 600 mile service. I was doing pretty good at changing gears my first day out. I was surprised at how quickly I became a decent gear changer. I like both motorcycles. I rode about 75 miles today on the DN-01 and had a great time. I live in a very rural area of NC and I often go to Va to ride their country areas. During the week when hardly any people are out driving it is awesome and the same applies for Virginia. I am still new at this motorcycle riding thing and I enjoy not being crowded by cars. I give the DN-01 an A+ so far.

Stove Pipe

DN-01 Experience

My wife is loving her DN-01!! Riding in the twisties of the Ozark Mountains, she's always in the right gear.

Redn01

I am nearly a veteran

I have owned my DN for 2 years, bought it new and at a good price. It does have some things that i now find are 'normal' and not too concerning.

Mine will do a slight bump at 84km/h usually when dropping speed from anything above that speed, it is always 84k/h never more or less and it seems it is some sort of transmission lock up it has been this way since new. And it is no worse now at 18000k.

When the ambient temperature is quite cold returning the gear box to neutral from D it will not go to neutral immediately, I find holding the switch in the N position for some few moments works and it goes into the neutral mode.

The drive train does clunk sometimes on take off particularly after coasting to a stop from above 10k/h speeds. Again nothing to worry about, as far as I am concerned anyway. Again it has done this since new.

Wind blast is normal...get another screen or put up with it.

It is normal for people to come up and ask 'what is it?'

It is normal for the dedicated gear shifting types to say 'it's a scooter'.

Bumblebee

I've noticed on mine that that chrome parts i.e. the tailpipe tend to get very hot. Perhaps it's because mine is used. It was certified and looked thoroughly by a local dealership garage before I took it on the road. I hope it's normal. Some days, when I'm not wearing high top boots, my right inside ankle feels like it cannot sit beside the engine like it's supposed to on the foot pedal!