600 mile service cost

loglivn

Hi everyone. I'm in Va. Can anyone tell me about how much the first servive costs?
Thanks Dale (loglivn)

tlyons

Hi everyone. I'm in Va. Can anyone tell me about how much the first servive costs?
Thanks Dale (loglivn)
Both places I called, today by coincidence, were $348 labor + parts. Both were quoting straight out of the Honda service book.

That's >5% of what I paid for the brand new DN-01.
That's about $0.67/mile.

Shame on Honda for such a rip off.

By the way, two questions to ask:
1. "Do you have filter 15412-meh-003 in stock?" This is the HFT filter and one guy told me it would take a week to get it.
2. "How long will you have the bike?" Apparently it takes most of a day for a hot bike to cool off. If they promise it back the same day, they are likely not really checking the valve clearance.

Good Luck.

loglivn

Wow I didn't think it would be that high. I guess there is more labor with all the body panels. Thanks for the info.

new dn mama

okay so i paid 260.00,parts labor tax,but the labor may have been abit of adeal because i was havin the givi windshield installed at the same time,instead of areplacement of the stock DNo1 which came faulty.and they did need to keep it overnite to do the valve clearance check,hopefully that,ll be the largest checkup bill,coming up for the 4000 mi. very soon,hmmm

bhamrider

Do you have to take the bike in for the 600 mile service on can you do it yourself? What is the warranty issue?