7000km in one month - my Euro tour with DN-01 !

Alexandre

Hi all,

I'm near the end of my DN-01 European trip !
So it's a good time to show you a few memories if you're up to it !

I started from Bordeaux going East through the South of France - Carcassonne, Montpellier, Hyeres, Nice.

Attachments

Alexandre

Then headed to Italy to Venice through Milan, and then going North to the South Tyrol through Lago di Garda.
Interesting exhibitions in Milan (Disney) and modern art in Venice !

Attachments

Alexandre

I'm going back to Bordeaux tomorrow and I will have spent a month with the DN-01 and ridden something like 7000km.
The bike was impeccable for the trip. Did not drink oil !
It really needs a bigger screen to travel, though - the Givi screen + spoiler still let noisy air around the helmet and leave the shoulders exposed, which can get tiring at high speed.
I had some "false start" episodes (the dreaded "-" flashing because of the angle of the oil sensor when the bike is parked with nose lower than tail ; and one day the bike would stall when pushing the D button even if the side stand was up - I let it cool down and it did not occur again, fingers crossed).
The bike has a lovely plush and easy ride, and is quite competent even on mountain roads.
I've had a perfect time, meeting so many friends along the road, and I'm happy I bought the perfect bike for the ride !

Attachments

Gizmo

Site Suporter
Thanks for the pictures. Looks like someone is enjoying their ride and learning some of the quirks of the Dino family. Keep the adventures coming, I appreciate them!

BobF

Great tour pictures - I must find the time for a European tour in the next few years. Your mention of Hyeres brought back memories of holidays in that area, including a long memorable walk around the Presqu'ile de Giens and trips around the gorges du Verdon