DN-01 Rear Seat

Pen

Hello,

I'm almost soon to be a new owner of a DN-01 in Sydney, Australia.

While I was inspecting the bike for damages (which I have also found a large scratch), I noticed that there is a gap underneath the rear seat.

Cant help but to worry as there battery is underneath, if there is gonna be a large storm, water may get in a damage the inside?

I just want to know if that is actually normal or could the dealer just didnt fit the rear seat cover in properly?

I dont want to end up with a bike with a defect :confused:

spamer80

Well. I was riding in storm, I washed the bike with high pressure and nothing. So I think you should not worry.
Can you make a pictures of it and show us to estimate?

Pen

Couldnt take a pic now that im not there.

However the gap is roughly around half to 1CM wide all around beneath the seat.

wide enough you can actually see the inside when you have your eyes leveled with it...

pretty sure even with half a CM, when that pressure hose is on, that water will go flying in....

anyone can show a pic of their dn-01 back seat locked in?

Gizmo

Site Suporter
Maybe it's just a loose adjustment or the retaining lock is broken/shifted. It should fit fairly snug. Sometimes I have had to coax my rear seat to fit and latch. Keep us posted.

UncleMurphy

Hi there,

Most likely the dealer has not slid the 2 seat locking tabs under the U shaped retainers, if they have repeatedly tried or someone has sat on the incorrectly fitted the seat, the plastic locking tabs will break.

Another thing is the tool bag is not "flattened" enough and is protruding too high, it should sit at the lowest part of the seat towards the front.

When removing the rear seat;
- Turn key
- Make sure the catch has cleared the U shaped lock (pull it up slightly)
- Pull the seat backwards (to clear the plastic locking tabs)
- Lift it up

To reinstall the rear seat;
- Push the seat forward
- Make sure the two locking tabs are UNDER the U shape lock tabs
- Push it down firmly, making sure the lock catch is aligned

(White locking tabs, seat must slide under them)

Cheers,

Victor

RIDER-59

Victor,
I this white colour DN-01 yours? The one you just bought?
FYI, did you know white was never sold in Australia? Only black and red were available here. White would have been imported by an owner / buyer, not Honda Australia.
I note too the seat is not the standard upholstery.
Would love to know more.

UncleMurphy

RIDER-59,

It's an image I found in one of my libraries I have. been researching the DN-01 for quite a while now :)

I own a black one, but there is one white one in Australia that was sold quite recently in WA.

RIDER-59

Hi Pen!
1cm is definitely too much gap.
With the pillion seat off, check the Owner's manual is lying correctly between the two small vertical risers just behind the rider's seat. The tool kit should sit horizontally above the owner's manual, cradled in a slight curvature in the moulding. If these aren't in the right way, the seat can bow / flex up/outward and the locking catch will not secure correctly.
If you can't figure that out, try fitting the pillion seat without the manual and tool kit.

The other thing to ensure is the closed "u" tab on the bottom of the seat is not fractured. You can always check the locking arm is functioning correctly by locking at the locking mechanism while turning the key backwards and forwards.

Pen

Thanks everyone for your input.

Im still in discussion with the dealer to get the scratch fixed or discount the bike.

If it falls through, will probably need to play around with the rear seat.

Otherwise, ill be back here real soon with photos.

Thanks again everyone!

plod202

hi do you have a diagram of how to remove the front grill behind the front wheel, i hit a fox which damaged this and body work but i'm unable to get a picture to order new kit, please let me know [email protected]

SARider

friesentom - nice seat where did you get that one from? Looks very supportive for lower back.
Cheers SARider