DN-01 will not go into Drive mode

LisasDN-01

I have recently had my DN-01 triked, due to a disability. All was fine, but after riding for 10/15 minutes it kept stalling. Had that problem sorted today, but now the mechanic is unable to get it to go into Drive mode. On the right hand side of the instrument panel a fat black line (almost egg shaped) is flashing on and off. Any ideas?

Stove Pipe

Welcome to the Board! Hope you find your problem quickly!

Triked? Very interesting!
Please post some pictures when you find time.

zebra03

I have never heard of that display before . I would like to see your bike though . Do you have pictures ?

Pebbles

This could be a diagnostic code for the HFT transmission. This flat line is in the same spot as the gear numbers when in manual mode? If so then a trouble code is being generated which could point to the exact problem.

Refer to the service manual starting at pages 11-21 for more info on reading the code.

The best you can hope for is that a wire connection is loose or mis-connected. Try checking the HFT 30 amp fuse too.

If its not a simple bad connection issue you'll have to have it checked out at a dealer with the tools & manuals to connect into the Dino's diagnostic system.

Good luck and don't worry, it's a Honda, it can't be broken that easily!

Terran Sin ( for Pebbles)

pauledg

I think Terran Sin is being optimistic. Problems with failing to go into drive and flashing lines in the instrument panel seem to crop up all too regularly for such a rare bike. Opinions vary, it's linked to oil level, oil pressure and by my experience is heat related too. No-one has found a simple solution, replacement oil pressure sensor is suggested, and some believe it's an ECU fault. Whatever, mine did it for the second time today. It starts find from cold, and usually runs till I mean to stop. Then unless I let it cool right down it won't engage drive without stalling. Today I didn't let it get that far as I returned home pronto seeing the little line flashing as I rode along. My dealer is nowhere near and the place down the road is brilliant but they've probably never seen one of these so what hope? I know it's silly but have you checked oil level? I did, and that wasn't it. Hope one of us finds a solution. Paul

dndom

drive mode problem

drive mode is engaged by the solenoid on top of transmission, this can stick especially when hot. you will get fault bar on display if you unplug either this or the manual solenoid below it.