Expensive to repair

DeeWhyDN

Hi all,
Not sure if this is newsworthy…. I recently had a guy reverse his SUV into by parked DN-01. SUV impact was only onto the LHS rear view mirror / indicator. Bike fell over, the impact mostly onto the RHS handlebar.
Only obvious damage was the smashed mirror/indicator. I was able to pick the bike up and honestly couldn't see any other damage. (The dude in the SUV was apologetic and happy to avoid any insurance claim and pay cash for any repairs). Imagine my surprise (and his) when given a quote (all itemised and photographs to back-up) that due to the fall, slight marks and indents on the exhaust, RHS indicator, the Duck Tail, foot peg and a few other non-descript scratches (which I honestly couldn't see until given the Sherlock Holmes magnifying glass). Final quote (inclusive of 8 hours labour) was AUD $4,962! (OK, lets covert to USD and it is still around $4,600). Then to my surprise, the insurance assessors did not balk and the claim has been approved!
So guys…. make sure your insurance is up to date…. imagine if I damaged the tank!

Gizmo

Site Suporter
Hi all,
Not sure if this is newsworthy…. I recently had a guy reverse his SUV into by parked DN-01. SUV impact was only onto the LHS rear view mirror / indicator. Bike fell over, the impact mostly onto the RHS handlebar.
Only obvious damage was the smashed mirror/indicator. I was able to pick the bike up and honestly couldn't see any other damage. (The dude in the SUV was apologetic and happy to avoid any insurance claim and pay cash for any repairs). Imagine my surprise (and his) when given a quote (all itemised and photographs to back-up) that due to the fall, slight marks and indents on the exhaust, RHS indicator, the Duck Tail, foot peg and a few other non-descript scratches (which I honestly couldn't see until given the Sherlock Holmes magnifying glass). Final quote (inclusive of 8 hours labour) was AUD $4,962! (OK, lets covert to USD and it is still around $4,600). Then to my surprise, the insurance assessors did not balk and the claim has been approved!
So guys…. make sure your insurance is up to date…. imagine if I damaged the tank!

WOW! For $2,000 more I could BUY another used DN-01 with low miles, go figure! (It would probably be black to go with my red)

djy1967

Hi all,
I just got one in Sydney for $5000.00 as new condition