Finally

Overthehill

Well, finally back on the road after some 2 months plus with a multitude of parts on the garage floor.
Lots of time waiting for parts from Japan, Germany and other assorted ports.
Been for a short run and nothing fell off..couple of minor adjustments.... another run tomorrow (50km) if the weather holds and then hopefully next weekend a long 700km day trip.
Tease photo to satisfy those who need such gratification :)
More can follow if requested:D
Cheers All
Pete

Attachments

Gizmo

Site Suporter
Well, finally back on the road after some 2 months plus with a multitude of parts on the garage floor.
Lots of time waiting for parts from Japan, Germany and other assorted ports.
Been for a short run and nothing fell off..couple of minor adjustments.... another run tomorrow (50km) if the weather holds and then hopefully next weekend a long 700km day trip.
Tease photo to satisfy those who need such gratification :)
More can follow if requested:D
Cheers All
Pete

LOOKS like a WHOLE bike to me ... best of luck! (No more BOO-BOOs!)

spitfire_pt

Hi,

post more fotos please and also list of material and links :)

i am kind of a addict on changing my DN-01 in case you havent seen my photos of the (black Widow)

Regards

Overthehill

Greetings Spitfire,
First 2 photos are my nekkid dn-01 for those who revel in such.
Well, where to start.....
Fuzeblock fitted under pillion seat
6 connectors each able to be configured as switched or always on.
first I fitted was socket for battery charger(always on). I have a NOCO Genius G7200 charger which works with all types of batteries and I use with my car as well.
Then i fitted the following(all switched)
My Garmin 590LM GPS on a powered mount
My Innov C3 "dash" camera with a 32gb card and set to continous loop
2 LED driving lights switched thru high beam and an on off switch
AME Chicane heated grips (not my first choice) and I would not fit them again on this particular bike due to problems with handlebar cover!!

GPR homologated Furore slip on exhaust
Cortech Super 2.0 tail bag (required extensive mods to mounting attachments due to panel conflict)
Air Hawk seat pad for more comfort for long rides (never used one before and haven't tried on distance yet)
garmin 590 has NO speaker so you would need to use bluetooth,
However the powered mount has cables to allow wired headphones and has a usb cable which I have run to the tail bag to allow charging the phone and to allow Pandora/Spotify and others to run thru the gps

I also went crazy and treated myself to a new helmet (Nolan N87) and fitted a Nolan ess inertia activated brake light to the rear (of the helmet that is).
Can provide more info in another post if needed...didn't want to make this toooooo long
Couple more photos attached
Cheers
Pete

Attachments

pjwillact

Exhaust for DN01

Hi there, I'm interested in changing the exhaust on my Dino. I don't want it too loud but am after a better note than the original. What's the GPR slip on like?
I'm in Australia so I'm hoping I can find something here.
Cheers
PJ

Overthehill

Hi PJ
Unfortunately I don't think you'll find anything in Oz.
Having said that, you may be able to find one of the aussie manufacturers who will work with you!!!
I can't compare the GPR to the standard as I never ran the bike with the original.
I dismantled the bike as soon as it was backed into the garage.
It has a nice "comfortable" burble.
I have had a lot of bikes over the past 12 years or so and they have all been different, staintunes, arrow, akrapovic, yoshi's, vance and hines et al.
Some were over the top and some were grrreat!!!
As the years have progressed I have gone more muted although the last bike I had was an FJR(4 cylinder) with twin staintunes which was great and not too loud.
I got this slip on from a company in Italy for a reasonable price and am very happy with the sound.
Only ridden 50km so far since I got her back on the road but I like it.
I heard a clip on youtube among others and decided that was what I wanted.
Certainly better than the NON-sound of the original that I have heard on youtube
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GPR-HOM-...1-2008-2010-/182097480916?hash=item2a65db0cd4
For me, it was well worth it to bring out the v-twin sound
cheers
Pete

dndom

Overthehill

Very happy with my Airhawk but I've added a gel pad underneath for better seat height and even more comfort. Would be interested to know your experience with the N Com if it's fitted.

Overthehill

Hi Dndom
Personally I like the airhawk as you are more or less "floating" on the seat.
But I haven't felt disconnected from the bike and find it comfortable to the point that I just don't feel it and I don't feel any less in control as some people have suggested.
As for the Ncom ESS inertial brake light I really can't say too much about the actual operation.
It was easy enough to fit to the helmet (Nolan N87).
When I bought it I also ordered a pack of extra mounting pins so that I can use it on other helmets if I want to.
There are 3 sets of leds on the unit.
It has 3 settings, 1) where the leds are off and only flash when you brake, 2) where the outer leds are on all the time and the centre one flashes when you brake, and 3) where all leds flash all the time for when riding in fog or heavy weather.
I think that I would use setting 1 on normal daytime rides, 2 at night and I don't anticipate using 3 unless I run into fog which sometimes occurs early morning.
As a solo rider I have absolutely no idea if it works and no-one has stopped me yet to ask me what the flashing lights are on my helmet!!!!
It also has the ability to adjust the sensitivity when braking and as a light braker I may need to adjust to a more sensitive setting.
I could just leave it on setting 2 so that I have an extra red light to the rear which would help for traffic visibility...I hope
cheers
Pete
PS: Stay strong over there and I hope this week all turns out ok
Personally I think that the government needs to focus on security and to a degree immigration although the perps are "home grown".
I seems very unfortunate that every time there is an incident it turns out that the perps were "known to authorities"
Good luck

Last edited:

dndom

Overthehill

Thanks for the info though I was hoping you had the comms kit as well, nearly bought an Xlite recently but an HJC was easier to source. Sentiments also appreciated, just to say my attitude's getting less Liberal every day.

Paradave

Nekid Bike

So thats what the DN-01 looks like with no clothes on. Just wondered, seeing as you have had the bike to pieces, how hard it would be to replace the footboards with pegs a little further back and also install a rear brake handlebar mounted lever?

Overthehill

Hi,
First off to clarify, I am NO mechanic.
I can do a lot of things but the more complicated things get the less likely I am to do the job.
There is a post detailing a conversion here (http://www.dn-01.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2392) which seems to me to be very complicated and very expensive.
My vivid imagination (which sometimes runs away from me and I have to try and catch up) tells me you might be able to fit a hydraulic clutch unit to the left bar, although I don't know where you would find the space.
Then run a hydraulic line from the unit to the hydraulic connector just behind the brake pedal and utilise a connector.
How that might affect the ABS or the brake proportioning system I have no idea!! OR if it would even work/be possible!!
I am ASSUMING that you want to move your "footpegs/boards rearwards, delete the brake pedal and utilise a left hand brake lever.
See attached photo re board mount.
There are 2 boltholes in a bracket behind the black surround behind the footboard.
A small(ish) bracket bolts to that and holds the footboard via a pin and spring
You may be able to have a (right angle?) bracket made to attach at the chassis bolt holes and have another hole(s) in it to attach a set of kuryakyn or other brand of pegs.
Of course depending on where you positioned the pegs you may not be able to reach the brake pedal so would need to consider doing both at the same time (if feasible)
I would go to a few bike shops and check out the mounts for the pegs and see if you could adapt something
Good luck
Pete

Attachments