Find a difference

spamer80

Honda CTX 2014: CTX700N, CTX700ND, CTX700 и CTX700D

The same 700cc, new dual clutch transmission (D version), parallel twin and...what?

Gizmo

Site Suporter
Difference

Front cowling and turn signal location ... still like the DN-01 design though.

Stove Pipe

Should have just named them DN-02A & 02B and DN-03A & 03B. However, I do like the windshield height on the last one!!

Last edited:

new dn mama

not so great for shorties

tried sittin on one,way higher than dn01,do like the storage area where our fuel tank is,not much room but more than nothing...

Gizmo

Site Suporter
I like the v-twin engine better than the parallel twin, even though with the chain (CTX) ... no loss of horse power from engine, I figure that a CTX would have a higher top-end. The CTX does give you a choice of 4 different configurations at various much lower prices than what a DN-01 originally cost. I too sat on a CTX 700N and a CTX700ND at Honda, did not test ride them though. Based on feel alone, I prefer the DN-01, seems more of a substantial bike.

mdivancic

The v-twin, dual disk front breaks and the look of the DN-01 is why I chose the DN-01 at 1,000 miles over a new CTX. I had wanted a DN-01 when they first came out, but at the launch price that wasn't going to happen. If I was going to ride the bike to work every day I may have gone with the CTX.

Regards,
Mike

Gizmo

Site Suporter
And what is wrong with riding the DN-01 to work EVERY day? Just curious why you chose the CTX over the DN-01 as a daily ride. Pro vs con.

Thanks
Gizmo

mdivancic

And what is wrong with riding the DN-01 to work EVERY day? Just curious why you chose the CTX over the DN-01 as a daily ride. Pro vs con.

Thanks
Gizmo
More storage options available on the CTX compared to the DN-01, and I could have gotten it that way from the dealer on the loan. However the CTX looks to be a cheaper version of the DN-01 in areas I didn't want to make that choice. My wife wanted me to go with a new CTX, for the warranty. I cary a lot of crap back in forth between work, and a stock DN-01 is note really conducive to hauling a lot of crap. I'm 34 miles one way to work, long trip. My last ride was a Honda Silverwing where I could get everything under the seat.

Regards,
Mike

Gizmo

Site Suporter
Now THAT does make sense! The warranty is a very strong point too! If you do take a CTX for a spin, please forward your impressions.

CTX = cheap DN-01

Gizmo

Site Suporter
I check out the CTX700 forum EVERYDAY ... there seems to be MORE "conversations" from the riders, and about "changes/impressions" of the CTX. Still waiting to see a CTX on the street and NOT in the showroom. Seems to be well worth the cost of ownership. This is only one DN-01, the CTX IS a cheap knockoff.

Honda, bring back the DN-01 at a BETTER price.