Gear Change

DammmDel

Hi everyone.
Just a quick question.
As we all know about the 53mph kick down, has anyone experienced the 70-75mph up shift?

lenny

Lock-System

At 53 mph the transmission goes into lock -up if the conditions are correct. In this condition, there is theoretically no flow of oil from hydraulic pump to transmission motor. Efficiency increases 10- 13%. This reduces fuel consumption at cruising speed similarly.

The jerk you feel is the transmission going into or out of lock-up.

At 70 mph the transmission will be in lock-up unless you upset this condition in manual mode.

Regards Lenny

spamer80

At 53 mph the transmission goes into lock -up if the conditions are correct. In this condition, there is theoretically no flow of oil from hydraulic pump to transmission motor. Efficiency increases 10- 13%. This reduces fuel consumption at cruising speed similarly.

The jerk you feel is the transmission going into or out of lock-up.

At 70 mph the transmission will be in lock-up unless you upset this condition in manual mode.

Regards Lenny
Well, this is also seems to be a lock-up in S mode at ~115km/h.

lenny

I have not rode the bike in S mode at 72 mph, so have not felt this.

But this must be the speed in S mode, when the ECU will put the transmission in lock-up if all other conditions are correct.

I will now try it out Spammer and I am sure others will also.

Regards Lenny

whitehawk

I used D mode on the motorway and dual-carriageway yesterday and this morning and experienced this 3 times. First I think it was just under 75mph, the second at 70mph and the third at about 69mph. In each case it was after accelerating steadily (not flat out) up to around 70 from 30mph or less after leaving a roundabout.
The jerk/lock-up was very small and not as noticeable as the 53mph one and would easily be missed if not on a smooth surface. I didn't notice any change in the revs when it happened but I'll pay more attention over the next week...